1. Collapse Details
    Television/Web Based Commercials
    Hello everyone. I am a young entrepreneur interested in creating an information product for small business owners who want to advertise through the use of video.

Although I am only 25, I have an extensive background in video production. I have personally produced over 100 commercials, been involved in music video shoots with artists like Beyonce and the Jonas Brothers, and worked on live television events like the Olympics in Sochi Russia, Sunday Night Football, and the Superbowl at MetLife Stadium.

The reason I am writing today is because I am interested in creating a product to share the knowledge that I have learned. I am interested in creating a DVD to teach small business owners how to shoot, edit and finalize their own television/web based commercials and media. The DVD will focus on shooting an 'affordable' commercial but include all the tips and tricks from the professionals.

If you are a small business owner would you mind answering these few questions?
    A.) How much do you spend a month/year on video advertising? (television, web, ect)
    B.) Would you be willing to learn this material in order to save money, or would you prefer to have a production company produce all your videos?
    C.) How much would you be willing to pay for this product? ($10-20, $30-60, $75-100)

Thanks in advance for your 'constructive' advice.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Your profession - video production - needs knowledge and experience to produce compelling video material. This needs special background that usually can not be found in SME owners and staff. Producing a commercial - a good one - is an additional huge marketing challenge.
    Your DVD would inspire SMEs to ask for help FROM YOU if they want to roll & share their own commercial / movie / video - and this is a great idea.

Share on facebook

RCN Business Consulting: RCN Europe, RCN Americas, RCN Asia-Pacific. Small business and Startup consulting.

3. Collapse Details
    Thank You for the input

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    You must explore different avenues of online marketing for getting good amount of traffic to your website. You can also try direct marketing for better exposure to your products and services.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Hi, Its great to know that you have worked with such big names. The average spending of most of our clients are more than $5000.We are one of the leading TV Commercial Agency based at NYC, Your idea for creating such DVD is interesting and I think people will love it. All the good luck.

Share on facebook

Last edited by sinemafilms; 09-17-2018 at 06:28 AM.

6. Collapse Details
    thanks for sharing with us

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Great business you started. Thanks for share this with us.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    You go, that's nice business for your age. Good luck.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    A.) How much do you spend a month/year on video advertising? (Television, web, etc.)

Figuring out how much to spend on advertising should begin with your sales revenues. The cost of advertising will be paid for by sales and increasing sales is your goal of an ad campaign. There are two formulas recommended for small businesses to use when deciding how much to spend on advertising:

1. How much money do you need to promote the sale of a certain product at a given price? For example that if you spend $10 of the selling price of an item that costs $300 on advertising, then you should be willing to spend $3,000 in advertising to sell 300 units and generate $90,000 in sales.

2. The other way is to set aside a flat percentage of your total projected sales revenues for advertising. So if you plan to dedicate five percent of your revenues and you expect to bring in $100,000 in sales that year, you would spend $5,000 on advertising. Once you have a handle on how much money you plan to budget for advertising, you need to figure out when you should spend that money during the next 12 months.

B.) Would you be willing to learn this material in order to save money, or would you prefer to have a production company produce all your videos?

While video production costs more than any other content medium, it’s often the most effective. With video, you get what you pay for. So if you want a high-quality commercial production, but are only willing to put up $2,000 for it, then you’re not going to get what you want. And if you want people to watch your video, you have to produce a video that’s worth watching.

On the contrary, the learning materials might definitely cost lower than the actual video production. But the major factor that will matter is quality over quantity inclusive of cost and time invested.

C.) How much would you be willing to pay for this product? ($10-20, $30-60, $75-100)

Production crew rates depend on the region, market, gear, and experience. If you need a more specialized crew and equipment, such as for 360 video production, you may have to spend more.

Every creative rate will vary, but these are the standard day rate charges for the most common crew members:

Documentary DP (Director of Photography): $400-$1,200

Commercial DP: $650-$2,000

Full-Service Video Production: $1,500-$300,000 (flat rate)

Drone Operator: $500-$1,400

Commercial Video Editor: $400-$1,000

Motion Graphics Editor: $600-$30,000 (flat rate)

Sound Technician: $300-$700

Taking all these rates into count I am willing to pay $100+ if the materials provided by you will be one complete solution.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    hey! great discussion!

Share on facebook