Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    The Importance Of Ethics In Marketing?
    Hi everybody,

We are currently developing an interactive product to help small business owners through the process of writing and developing their own marketing plans. This product will be created around a set of principles that come from the foundation of our business concept, Character Driven Marketing.

We are keen to get a feel and some first-hand input from the group in regards to the following question: How important is ethics in marketing?

What kind of marketing would you consider to be decent, ethical marketing and why? What kind of marketing do you respond to? What kind of marketing turns you off?

This information will be invaluable to us in developing a product that can help people create a cost effective marketing plan they can be proud of.

We would love to generate some discussion on this, and get the benefit of your opinions, insights and experiences.

Thanks for your time and ideas.

Rachel

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Well... I guess it depends on what you have in mind. It's a lot easier to say yes an dno to questions, than generalize on an issue like ethic.

And of course ethics tend to be personal.

In terms of the internet, certainly from our perspective, there are two big no-no's:

1) Spam emails

2) Link dropping in forums (most of our resources are actually taken up by cleaning the mess left by these people).

Perhaps anything that causes inconvenience to others, or problems for others, could be considered unethical.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Marketing strategies
    Dear fellow business owner,
    It is good to ask for advice on this forum, but you must realize that we are not your typical consumer so any data recieved here may not pertain to the target market of your customers. To answer your question of what is ethical in marketing, I would say with all honesty, anything that is legal is fair game. Whatever you determine to get results in any specific case that is legal is ethical. This is the real world, ethics and business are two different things. I think that perhaps you are confusing ethics with morals. Morals are relative to the business owner that you are representing, ethics in the business world go only as far as the law in which you live under.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Ethical marketing is the need of hour. Unethical means often tend to destroy the buisness by developing an interactive product to help small business owners through the process of writing and developing their own marketing plans.visit the site www.talljeff.com to know more.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Some years ago I would've said "not very." Nowadays though, it seems a company's reputation is constantly at risk. The recent Sochi Olympics controversy and Coca Cola/ McDonald's involvement is a pretty good example. People seem bent on auditing companies' political and social agendas, and with the way opinions travel on social highways these days it's important to colour within the lines, so to speak.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    How important is ethics in marketing?
    Ethics in marketing is very important to me. People use the words "business is business" as an excuse to do business wrongly, but that's very unethical. First of all, we all need good sportsmanship in the business world and to promote your business as an ethical one, start advertising truthfully and be honest about your products or services.

What kind of marketing would you consider to be decent, ethical marketing and why?
    Decent marketing is to be able to show your products and services in its true light and to show the public its actual features and benefits. You don't want your customers complaining to you about how your product or service didn't meet their expectations.

What kind of marketing turns you off?
    False advertising. This turns me off the most because at first it gives customers hope and once the customer lets out their cash, their hope crushes and customers realize that the product or service was a waste of their money.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    In the case of marketing, what is ethical is in the eye of the beholder. Your product should give you clues as to what forms are marketing are available to you---if you don't know what people will scoff at when they see your product marketed in a certain way, you need to learn that before you decide to use that form. Do your research, and follow your product and the will of your customers---there are no tried and true methods of marketing, but there are some obvious ones that are going to make you look like a snake.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I'm of the opinion that ethics are very important in marketing. Keep in mind that a lot of people will see the ads and they all have a different opinion and level of tolerance so you need to cater all their needs. There are some exceptions where people try to shock with advertisements.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    To me, ethical marketing is very important. This may differ from person to person. I typically found aggressive marketing to turn me off; the ones where you have promoters all over the place aggressively trying to get you to subscribe to their products. Another thing that is an absolute turn off to me is misleading marketing strategy (e.g. claiming your fee to be the lowest, only to have the fees increased massively upon purchase because of terms and conditions. I would appreciate it more if you could be upfront about your total fees - or at least an approximate of final fees).
    The kind of marketing I appreciate would be the type that provokes curiosity about your product. I know this is pretty vague, but I found that type of marketing attracts me more than any other type.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Ethics in marketing are very important. Marketing is the exercise of spreading information in the public domain about a particular product or service. Companies should not try to spread false informations about their products. If the company is known to have made promises regarding a product which they can not fulfill later on, they will have huge problems in retaining customers. On the other hand, if a company is truthful about its product, it will build a relationship of trust with its customers.

Share on facebook