Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Creating a Business
    Robert Guest
    I am a highschool student and registered my ficticious business name with the county clerk were I live. I had no problems with that and nobody asked me any questions. When I applied for my sales tax number from the state board of equilization no where on any form did they ask for an age. But when they returned my application they told me I must be eighteen to recieve one.

The problem is I have already gotten orders from customers and have no way of ordering a wholesale catalog. If there is anybody who knows a way around this or this has happend to them or someone they know, please post a reply to this message.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Creating a Business
    technxd0tcom Guest
    Luckily for me I happened to be 18 when the idea for a Small Biz came up. Saddily tho when I applied for my tax ID number i sent in the original DBA that i received from the state and now im screwed b/c i cant get a bank account in my DBA for my business until i get a new one or the original back which is probably shredded by now

well anyway.. i was never asked about any age when I applied for my tax id... all you need is a social security number to get a Tax ID not a business name... so I'd suggest either 1* borrowing someone elses SSN for the time being or 2* wait until your old enough.

Good luck!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Sales Tax ID
    Hi, Robert ~

Since you are speaking of the State Board of Equalization, I believe you are in California. They are a bit more strict when is comes to business licenses and tax IDs than most states. Your best bet is to have a business partner (silent or otherwise) that would be willing to help you for a portion of the profits or a guaranteed payment (i.e. salary) for his/her assistance. This partnership would need to be put in writing to protect yourself as much as the other person.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    If you have orders and such forth then I would reccomended using a call answering service to assist you specially if you are not able to conduct your business full time, I am unsure of how you can complete your registration etc as am not from the U.S.A

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Learning to start and grow your own buisness
    If your interested in starting your own business, you can purchase the information we are selling. This information includes online books and audio made by people who have been successful in starting and growing their own businesses. It will show you step by step how to start and grow your own business.

500dollarsaweek.com
    Get Over $295 worth of Information for only $67 for a limited time only

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Your best bet would be to get a calling service to help out. If your already getting orders it'd be difficult to have to handle the phone calls as well.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    We have follow all the guidelines and rules of state and country for starting a new business. You can not get the sales tax no. because you are minor. If you have a partner who is not minor may be help for you. Consult the legal expert in your area.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Ask your parents to vouch for you. The business will be in their name. When you turn eighteen, they can transfer the business to you.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Rob

Your problem is that you cannot legally enter into a contract until you are 18 years old. You will have to have a parent or guardian contract on your behalf.

Share on facebook

JS

Schultz & Associates, CPA[/URL]
    Plymouth, Michigan

10. Collapse Details
    Hello Robert,

Similar to you, i've started my first business when i was in school. I've made some errors along the way & wished there were someone to guide me. I did find some & 12yrs later i'm a successful entrepreneur. I can definitely show you a work around, but honestly it's trade secret so i wouldn't post it here. Inbox me so we can plan your next step. In the mean time get my FREE 15 step Business Guide.

Share on facebook