1. Collapse Details
    Doing Import and Export from China to Africa
    Hi Everyone,
    I am a newbie and want to get some specific information on creating a new business from China to Africa.But I want to base on importing of elctronical goods.
    1.What are the major challenges?
    2.Which documents do I need to make?
    3.How much money do I need to have?
    4.What are the various regulations of international trade?
    5.How can i trust my exporter?
    6What amount of goods should I begin with?
    7.I will like to know the different methods of paying for my goods.
    Please thanks for your kind contribution in advance I will be very greatful to recieve an answer to my request...

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    reply you as follows:
    David_King Guest
    I am a newbie and want to get some specific information on creating a new business from China to Africa.But I want to base on importing of elctronical goods.
    1.What are the major challenges?
    enough money. No money no business.

2.Which documents do I need to make?
    At least you must have an office at Africa. If you have an office at China, that would be better. Export of China is easy. Import of Africa is different. Some countries require an Preshipment inspection documents. Some donot need. According to your import country.
    I am exporting from China to Africa now. My client is at Kenya. He needs PVOC. I do it for him in China and send all his needed clearing documents by courier to his office at Nairobi, Kenya.

3.How much money do I need to have?
    20 feet container can hold 28CBM goods. If your electric goods is very small. That would be very high value. If your goods is big size, normally, 30000USD is at least. If you have 50000USD, that would be enough.

4.What are the various regulations of international trade?
    FOB, CIF is the main. FOB means you take goods from CHina ports until Africa destination port. CIF means you receive goods from Africa destination port.

5.How can i trust my exporter?
    Of course you should take a visit to your exporter. See his factory, his company, see his characteristics. Remember most people is trustworth.

6What amount of goods should I begin with?
    one 20 feet container.

7.I will like to know the different methods of paying for my goods.
    T/T is the most applicable methods of payment. L/C is also good but need bank guarantee and cost more.

Please thanks for your kind contribution in advance I will be very greatful to recieve an answer to my request...

If interested, welcome to contact me: fuweihua97921@yahoo.com.cn

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Hi,
    from what i know, importing to Africa is pretty much the same than importing from many other countries, but there are some differences. Specifically about importing to Africa, you need to pay attention on if the imported products are not included into the list of double use goods. About the payment methods, China companies will sell you only with pre-payment terms, at least for the first couple years (which if i'm not wrong is not a legal payment method in some African countries, but i'm not sure of it). After some time, once they get to trust you, they might give you a 30 days payment, not more than that.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    It depends on the size of your business. I would advice you start buying in small quantity first. go to websites like alibaba.com, check out suppliers there and chat with them. Ensure you are talking with those that have been in the site for above 2 years and are verified. Then you can make your decision. In starting small you can use aliexpress.com it is still owned by alibaba.com. for more info on import biz. visit www.myimportbiz.blogspot.com

Share on facebook