Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Cheapest way to make lawn signs
    I own a small contracting business and one of the most effective ways I advertise some of our less technical activities is through the use of lawn/road signs. Road signs can be fairly expensive when I get them professionally made so I started making them about 3yrs ago and came up with a way to make very good looking signs for about 25 cents a piece (depending on where you buy the supplies).

Thing you will need.
    glue, paint roller, corrugated plastic sheets, computer, can of clear spray paint,sink or tub.

steps.
    1.design a sign on your computer and get them printed off at a cheap print shop on regular large format paper for cheap.
    2.cut corrugated plastic sheet to size
    3.use your sink or a small bucket and fill it about 2''-3'' with water.
    4.fill a small pan with white contractor glue.
    5.roll glue onto pre-cut piece of corrugated plastic sheet
    6.lightly dip underside of paper sign print-off into water bath and apply to corrugated sheet(smooth out with hands or squeegee.
    7.let dry for a few hours.
    8.(most important step) spray dry sign with clear spray paint to make sign water tight and weather proof.

I hope this helps anyone out that needs to make good looking signs for dirt cheap.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    This is actually a really good idea. It sounds like a very good way to make effective signs. I am not very autistic and so I don't know how they would turn out for me.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Pretty good idea. Signage is actually really expensive to get made.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    In fact, great idea, those signs will probably look great. Even so, you don't need a permit or pay a license to use signs by the road?

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Yeah. Actually paper would do the job the cheapest, some used paper or cardboard, recycled materials which cost 0$.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Cheap and simple, I like it! I'm guessing the start is kinda hard, the first few signs are going to come out a little off until you get the hang of it. But is it legal? You made it sound like you spread them all over the place as business advertising. Don't you need some sort of permit?

By the way. If you lack resources another option would be to stencil things on pieces of wood or other materials.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jdlhomeandindustrial View Post
    I own a small contracting business and one of the most effective ways I advertise some of our less technical activities is through the use of lawn/road signs. Road signs can be fairly expensive when I get them professionally made so I started making them about 3yrs ago and came up with a way to make very good looking signs for about 25 cents a piece (depending on where you buy the supplies).

Thing you will need.
    glue, paint roller, corrugated plastic sheets, computer, can of clear spray paint,sink or tub.

steps.
    1.design a sign on your computer and get them printed off at a cheap print shop on regular large format paper for cheap.
    2.cut corrugated plastic sheet to size
    3.use your sink or a small bucket and fill it about 2''-3'' with water.
    4.fill a small pan with white contractor glue.
    5.roll glue onto pre-cut piece of corrugated plastic sheet
    6.lightly dip underside of paper sign print-off into water bath and apply to corrugated sheet(smooth out with hands or squeegee.
    7.let dry for a few hours.
    8.(most important step) spray dry sign with clear spray paint to make sign water tight and weather proof.

I hope this helps anyone out that needs to make good looking signs for dirt cheap.

This is a good idea, and i do it too.

However. Making the signs are the easy part. The challenging part is going to be finding people who are willing to let you post your sign on their property. This is a problem that i did not consider when i purchased the my signs. I bought more signs than i was able to post. People are very particular about these things. They will bluntly tell you no. All you can do is keep trying until you fin someone who will.

Brace yourself, because it is going to be a frustrating experience.

Share on facebook

I Need Money!

8. Collapse Details
    I live in Calgary, Canada, so we are allowed to put them all over the city except for major roads or in front of traffic signs. for a quick video check out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr5GU-UurTs
    Most important thing to remember is to use a quality water based glue or else the paper wont stick as good.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Great idea.i appreciate it and all the best for your business.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Its good. You won't believe how many people uses it. But lack the designing skills. Make sure to read some tips to design a signage that really works. It will help sure

Share on facebook