Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I pretty much rely on reviews and payment proofs to really see if a site is legit. Stick to those main criteria and you shouldn't go wrong.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    You can actually just Google the websites and insert the word scam along with it and there would be websites that would appear, so check them out and you can see the reviews on that website whether or not it is a scam. Most scam sites are too good to be true and are forcing you to join now for the opportunity won't last long etc etc. Don't be fooled by these fake sites as they offer not only headaches but also stress.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Before I can work for any online company whether it is writing or whichever work, I always do my homework. I make sure I go through several site reviews just to be on the safe side. I can also spot a fake review from a real one. Fake reviews will hype the company a lot and that makes me doubt the company.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I think it never hurts to be suspicious of everything on the internet, especially if an offer is too good to be true. Actually, back in the day I've fallen victim to such scams. Yeah I know, back then I was quite desperate and didn't think straight. But I learned from that lesson, and I would advise everyone to stay clear of any get-rich-quick schemes.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    If you are going to buy anything online then remember that scammers can also pay writers to write positive reviews and fake testimonials about them. That's why it's more advisable to buy or sell products/services, etc from reputable sites that have a good track record. The longer the site has been online and you've heard enough positive things said about ti then it might be legit. These newer sites on the other hand. . .should just be avoided altogether.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I agree with most of the posts here like using your common sense and stay away from get-rich-quick schemes to avoid scam sites.

People who are greedy and like to take short cuts are usually the victims of scam operations. They tend to believe that just maybe this certain MLM or investment is not a scam because they got paid. But most scams operate that way to encourage others to invest or - get more money from existing investors. And when they got what they want - they suddenly disappear with all the investors' hard-earned money.

I believe there's no such thing as easy money, you really have to work hard for it. Work hard, work smart and you won't get scammed.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I would say that the best way to avoid scams is to research. Before you get involved in anything you should spend some time looking it up on Google. Google is your friend. Spend some time looking through different reviews of the website. If you can't find anything about the website then don't use it to try to make money. It's better to be overly cautious than broke.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I am weary of any site that asks for money to make more money. It just isn't logical. I want to be paid by my performance, not invest in something that is an MLM or pyramid scheme. I have tried different programs, but it is always the people on the bottom that suffer.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Awesome post! Above all of these things everyone certainly understands that hard work pays. Also, go with your gut. You may run into a gold-mine which would be amazing, but if you feel that it is wrong is it really worth it? Doing the research, talking to others and being patient with things that are not instant gratification seems to work out better. There is so much knowledge out there, it is unfortunate that people very often get taken advantage of based on false hopes. Good luck to us all!

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I try to stay away from those "too good to be true" websites. Especially when having to pay upfront without being able to test something, means like a lot of others said, research. Besides, what can't you find on the internet nowadays? I always try to look for reviews even after finding out what the company is and what they do. It's extremely tempting for those get rich scams, but really, it's only that for the person who makes money off of it\: and they probably don't deserve that for scamming people of their money..
    Bottom line: research. be cautious. Good luck!

Share on facebook