Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Direct Postal Mail Advertising?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Direct Postal Mail Advertising?
    I was wondering if anyone else is doing direct mail advertising. I have done some in the past with good results but wanted to know what everybody else is doing.

I market B2B primarly and think it is probaly the best advertising I can do dollar for dollar. I think because your one on one in front of your customer you have a great share of voice. Any other opinions?

I am looking to try something new since I got a special offer for $50 off any printing order.

[Edited: Reason for edit - removal of potential advertising text]

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I would suggest that it depends upon WHAT specifically that you are selling, and your particular market. Some DM initiatives can work, but other will return a very low ROI or a loss.

Another factor of course is how cunning you are with your marketing. Anything that screams 'I am junk mail' when it lands on the doormat will usually get the traditional response.

If you take more time and make your DM more personal and focused your response rate will improve accordingly.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I agree, on making the piece as personized as possible and touching on the needs of your customers versus trying to sell them on different products or price.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    When we first started our business 6 years ago, we spent about $40 on stamps and printed our own postcards. We got the business directory from our local chamber of commerce.

Over a one month period we mailed these postcards out. Within a month, we had 4 clients - about a 3% return. They say anything over 1% is excellent.

Ever since then, we've been word of mouth - it's great.

The trick is being simple, concise and give something away. For us, we said if they call, they get 20% off and it worked.

Another great print campaign I saw was a postcard with nothing on it but a web address. It peaked so much curiosity that everyone went to the website just to see what it was - great!

Good luck!

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Mailing
    As long as there is something in it for the receiver such as a discount, or something that really intrigues them it should work. Make it a point to do something different though so your efforts dont just end up in the trash can. If your in a store front lets say, how about something like Congrats!! Bring this card and you can pick up your brand new ..(smudge smudge) when they get there you could thank them for coming and give them a some token item like a magnet with your logo on it.

The Blonde

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Direct Mail can be a very possitive motivator. It has been my experience that well thought out campaigns, targeting the correct audience, can yield very nice results.

Factors to consider are your target market demographics, ie knowing who your existing customers are... are they particularly affluent, of average income, do they usaully have children, own there own home?

These are all important things to learn about your clients. You can offer newsletters or monthly specials via email to keep the correspondence up and foster repeat visits.

Many people believe in the power of direct mail for not only bringing in more clients but also for name recognition. If , for example, you were in the carpet cleaning industry, your direct mail coupons and flyers may not get answered on the first or second mailing, but if someone asks for a referral for a good carpet cleaner, the name that pops into mind will be yours if you are dilligent about marketing regulalry.

Offers in Direct Mail will work better when you understand your target market. There are many companies in your local area who can help get your campaign kick started.

I wish you well in all your endeavors!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    According to me it will depends upon what special offer you will provide to your customers.it will work better when you focus on right people to sell your product.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    If you get a half a percent response rate you'll be doing well, but you have to have pretty good volume, and mail to the same list over and over in order to get good results.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by dgaugler View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else is doing direct mail advertising. I have done some in the past with good results but wanted to know what everybody else is doing.

I market B2B primarly and think it is probaly the best advertising I can do dollar for dollar. I think because your one on one in front of your customer you have a great share of voice. Any other opinions?

I am looking to try something new since I got a special offer for $50 off any printing order.

[Edited: Reason for edit - removal of potential advertising text]
    Direct mail is certainly a viable option. If it's the best for you right now, though, is worth further analysis. There isn't any clear answer without knowing far more details about your situation. If you already have an ad that worked the last time you did it, then it may take a minimal effort for you to simply run those already-working ads again (would only need to pay for shipping, envelopes, etc and wouldnt need to write new copy or hire a copywriter).

Share on facebook

Work1099 Simplifies Self-Employment.

Get 600+ Proven Business Models and Money-Making Ideas at: http://work1099.com

10. Collapse Details
    I also market B2B, tried a postcard direct mail campaign to business addresses only. I got ONE phone call, and that didn't pan out. Waste of money for me.
    I get many more leads from Paid Facebook advertising.

Share on facebook

Dufferin Media
    Social Media Management Services
    Hands off solution to help you build your business online using the powerful tools of Social Media
    www.dufferinmedia.com
    sarah@dufferinmedia.com