Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Free & Low Cost Advertising Methods on the Net?
    Hi,

Been doing a bit of Tv advertising for our new website on ITV, quite costly, but quite frankly isnt really giving us the volume we require to stay afloat.

I'm aware that there are many ways to advertise on the net, apart from those like google, yahoo can anybody give me any further hints as to low cost forms of advertising?

The product we sell is of great quality, and there really is no catch to buying specs on the internet as long as you havent got a really obscure prescription, I just need to get this message to the millions!!!!!

Chris

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    To be honoest with you banner advertising still works. I get business from using it and if your join an exchange it won't cost you anything.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    How do I find a banner exachange?

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Online advertising
    First I will refer you to my post in another section as I covered this topic there,

http://www.smallbusinessforums.org/m...viewtopic&t=29

My feeling on banner exchanges is they rarely work, I understand that you just started your site and want instant visitors but honestly it is not going to happen.

I requires alot of hard work, constant optimization.

Though I have seen some great salesmen out there that can sell a site that has 0 visibility simply by visiting a business, that personal approach is sometimes all it takes!

If you are not a salesperson though I can tell you this ads in the local paper, radio, television are pretty much a waste of time.

You can pay for GOOGLE adwords as an alternative but that never worked for me, though it might work for you!

Good Luck

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Hi all,

I've been using Google AdWords and have been fairly happy. I like the options and opportunity, and the general volume results, but have not been happy about the general quality of those results (i.e. - the type of people I get are too often those just looking to exploit or sell). None of that is Google's fault, so I am happy with their service. I have to keep tweaking and optimizing, as ohioadman indicated.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Re: Free & Low Cost Advertising Methods on the Net?
    4seeing,
    It really depends on what service or product you are selling. For example: if you are selling patio furniture you can bring in sales today by simply posting free ads in the correct directories where buyers are looking, AKA Target Marketing. However, if you are in Real Estate you will have to go down a little different path.

Out of curiosity have you done anything to make your website 'sticky'

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Re: Free & Low Cost Advertising Methods on the Net?
    Have you profiled your target market?

Do your potential customers fit into a niche? Or is there something that's common to all?

If so, you may find it works to advertise within websites that also cater to your target audience.

An example which comes to mind is how The Food Network in general caters to food lovers, but individual shows divide the market into segments. I was watching a BBQ show last night, aimed at a male audience, a perfect setting for selling BBQ products, hardware, etc. to consumers.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I would advertise on Google. If you register your company, you get a coupon of $75 (or at least I got one) which you can use to advertise on Google.
    You can really target your advertisements to specific people or locations so this is an excellent to boost sales and get local people to your business.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Have you tried free classified ads, directories, or blogging?
    There are several places online that will allow people to advertise free. Ebay has a free classified ad and using free directories like Manta is really good for business. There are a lot of free ways to get the word out. I am not sure if you are into blogging but I blog a little and am noticing that without even looking for myself in the search engines that I will run into a few of my blogs here and there. They are search engine friendly and the best thing of all is that they are free unless you are gonna purchase your own domain name and a new template.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Social Media would definitely be the way to go. It is free for the most part and pretty easy to do once you have spent time doing the initial start up procedure. Facebook is great for posting updates about your business. Whether it be new products or community involvement, post it on Facebook. Use twitter as a quick way to chat with customers and offer live support. Blogging, though not as popular now a days, is great for introducing new products and information about your company.

Share on facebook