Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Hi Chris,

I think it depends on where your customers are "hanging out". Do you think they are on social media? Do you think they are using Google? Based on their buying history, their age, other demographics...was not sure if perhaps you had any inkling.

We primarily use Google Adwords and Facebook Ads. I like these avenues because:

1) You can control the costs - no surprises
    2) It is relatively inexpensive
    3) You can target specific demographics (especially with FB) - so I can target women, ages 25-35, who live in NJ or NY, who have indicated they have an interest in yoga and pilates (for example).

If you ever have any social media questions, feel free to reach out to me...we love to help other small business owners! We're also hosting a free webinar in a few weeks and have a bunch of free social media tools for all registrants if you are interested: http://bit.ly/1jYqWJA.

Kimberly J.

----
    Kimberly Johnson
    Principal, KJPR

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    You might want to check out Blackhatworld.com. They have a lot of sellers on that site that you can buy some cheap advertising from. They also have a lot of money making methods there. If you need to know anything about internet marketing you'll find it there. You can also go to Fiverr.com and get some cheap advertising there. Just make sure that you look at the seller's rating. There are lot of good ones but once and I while you might encounter a scammer so be careful.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I still think that highly targeted SEO works best but you have to be very careful not to go the black hat route or that will ruin you quickly. Taking time to do things like writing articles, trading links and getting involved in social media are really going to be a big help. Of course, a lot of people would like to hear that there's a shortcut here but, unfortunately, there's not.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    If you don't have a presence in google and can't wait for that to happen. Then google adwords and other PPC sites can help or rent an email list.

Share on facebook

I make decent money on Cash Crate and pay for a number of things using gift cards I get on InstaGC. Feel free to check out my work online blog.

5. Collapse Details
    Word of mouth is a great advertising method and can work on the internet too. If you have a lot of friends on the internet, then it only takes 2-3 good friends of yours to tell 2-3 of their good friends about your website, and you can see how the word of mouth method can spiral.

Best of all, it's a completely free method and costs you nothing apart from your time.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    In addition to that:

1. Apart from Craiglist, there are many free classified sites on the net. Find all these sites, make a list of the sites and post an ad on each of them. This guarantees that even if you don't make a sell, you at least get brand exposure. If someone sees your product elsewhere they'll more likely be mildly interested in it because they've heard of it before.

2. Do some SEO. Most online marketers make money because they sit at the top of the SERPs. Depending on the product you're selling, concentrating on trying to get your customers primarily from search engine traffic could well do the job for you because you don't spend a penny for this traffic.

3. Jump into the trenches. If you can write then start writing articles and post them all over the net. Link back to your site and hope for the best. At the very least, you'll get backlinks which determine how you get ranked by the search engines or at best someone will land on your sales page and buy your product.

4. Make videos about your product and post in different video-hosting sites. Start with youtube and start a campaign to get lots of views. Your social networks could help you out with this. Your primary goal here is to get traffic from youtube to your site.

5. Take it a step further. . .build an email list [you can use incentives like some free product to have someone give you their e-mail address] and market to them.

And there's more. . .

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze4545 View Post
    Social Media would definitely be the way to go. It is free for the most part and pretty easy to do once you have spent time doing the initial start up procedure. Facebook is great for posting updates about your business. Whether it be new products or community involvement, post it on Facebook. Use twitter as a quick way to chat with customers and offer live support. Blogging, though not as popular now a days, is great for introducing new products and information about your company.
    I would second this. Sites specially LinkedIn, reddit and twitter are helping many websites gain and reach to their target audience. And also as these are almost free (unless like on facebook where you have options to create paid advertisements) they are more potential and fruitful. The only trick is to identify and connect to your target audience on these social media sites.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I would say Google Adwords is a pretty low cost and effective way to go. However, my favorite is social media, especially Facebook. Pinterest and other social bookmarking sites are getting a lot more popular these days. The only thing about Pinterest is it's mainly middle aged women who go on there the most, it could be a benefit to you depending on what you're marketing, and then again it might not. If you want to get some free traffic and have a lot of time on your hands you could write a bunch of articles or blog posts linking to your site. SEO is always the best way to get cost free traffic, just do your research and keep that coffee on!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    If you are looking for low-cost methods to market your business on the internet, I would recommend you to try out SEO, which is Search Engine Optimization. In this method, you try to generate keywords for your business in order to get a higher ranking on the search engine indexes. You do this with the help of free software which you can easily download off of the internet. Another method which you can use is posting on websites like Craigslist, etc which are websites for internet classifieds.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Clever use of Twitter can help you reach thousands to millions of people daily. The beauty of it is the people viewing your content are the most likely to have an interest in it. People follow others with similar tastes, preferences, etc. Retweets or mentions tend to reach the right people automatically.

Share on facebook