Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Merchant Services?
    Hi all this is just a general question: does anyone recommend a merchant services?

I am starting a new business and I will be going to peoples houses and I am looking at the phone card swiper but am having a hard time deciding on what merchant account to go with. Any answer are greatly appreciated .

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Have you spoken to your bank?

Most of them do provide that sort of service. However, you might also consider a secure online card transaction company, such as ShareIT, 2CO or even PayPal. More customer data is necessary for these, but if you are visiting them you most likely have some of that anyway.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I am also having a small business of retail store and i have opened my merchant account with a PayScout as this company does not charge you bogus fees and also there is no set up fee,no monthly or annual fee and also it is so easy to make transactions with this company,check some of their merchant services here.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Well in my opinion, you will have to consider the coverage of the merchant company before opening account with them. Paypal is a good one to go with but just that they're very strict with their policies and easily limit accounts.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Please let me recommend my business' merchant services You can check the details on the following link, and you can take a 10% off using the promo code: SBFORUM10
    http://shop.hostinv.com/ecommerce/me...-services.aspx

Good luck!

edit: Forgot to mention we offer fraud detection, and use PCI Security Standards.

Share on facebook

Last edited by Hostinv.com; 02-14-2014 at 09:40 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    I usually have the merchant service with the bank because my dad's bank has a business account. I think it is better to stick with the merchant service with the bank because when something goes wrong, I can simply go to the bank. Plus, my dad has a personal bank account along with the business account, which is much easier for him to keep track of both services. You should talk with the bank in which you have the business account with, and I think it is easier that way. I would say check with a few banks to see the card processing rate and the price of the card machine.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    There are so many merchant services, and they all have different (and often complicated) payment rules. I prefer a merchant account that works on a flat rate through Square, to keep my monthly statements easy to read and verify. So, for my business, I started with the POS system and then made sure that the merchant account was suitable for my needs.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Using your cell phone or tablet to process payments with the square which deposits the payment directly into your bank account or paypal are choices that I have used in the past. Most people are familiar with both and they both offer their readers free.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Ok, we use paypal mainly by email... but we have been using QBO invoices (Quick Books Online) for customer payments also. Quickbooks now allows you to enter a credit card payment or let the customer from their emailed invoice.

As for remote swiping solutions, there are a few new ones these days... We don't do this much so I'm not sure what to recommend.

Share on facebook

Brian Satterlee, President, Satterlee Marketing, Inc.
    Independent Watkins Distributor #085682 - 22 Years In 2014
    smi.biz

10. Collapse Details
    Are there any other alternatives to PayPal with the same coverage?

Share on facebook