Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I Need a Catchy Name for a Business
    Hi everyone,

I am in the process of creating a new business. I am not good at naming though. I am a certified forklift instructor and its all about forklift safety. I thought of "Safety Smarts" as a name but I dont know how catchy that would be. Any suggestions????

Thanks, Michelle

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Names
    Lifting Standards
    Safety Lifts

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    sav_liv
    saf_lif

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Safe forklifting

Forklifting safety providers

Smart lifts

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    The Hi's and Lo's of Forklift Safety
    Don't forget where to build your web site!

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Re: I Need a Catchy Name for a Business
    Quote Originally Posted by mgreen26
    Hi everyone,

I am in the process of creating a new business. I am not good at naming though. I am a certified forklift instructor and its all about forklift safety. I thought of "Safety Smarts" as a name but I dont know how catchy that would be. Any suggestions????

Thanks, Michelle
    I always call a registered agent, like Harvard Business Services in Delaware. They have a salesman, Brett, who helps us create all our new names. Their 800 # is 800 345-2677 (CORP). He even reserves it for free. If you call the state dept of corporations yourself, they want to charge you.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mgreen26
    Hi everyone,

Thanks, Michelle
    FSG - Forklift Safety Guidelines
    FSP - " " Procedure
    FAST - Forklift Applied Safety Techniques
    FOSA - Forklift Operation Safety Applications
    FIRST - Forklift Industry Required Safety Techniques

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Just some ideas

Lift Safe
    Forklift Safety Training Center
    F.A.S.T - Forklift Applications in Safety Training

I think short and sweet is better!

Good luck!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Hello.
    Here is a creative process for coming up with a clever name or witty slogan.

Divide a sheet of paper into columns, or create a table in Excel or Word with about 5 columns.

Take a seat and get ready for a brainstorming session. Have a dictionary and book of quotes nearby.

In the first column write down all the words associated with your business (include business name, products, what people use them for, etc.) Review product lists, executive profiles, company history, and company documents to make sure you have them all.

In the second column write down words associated with the words in your first column (look for opposites too)

In the third column write down verbs associated with your company, products or services.

In the fourth column write down any words that have a double meaning that are associated with your company. Reference words in other columns and find double meanings, insinuations, and variations on spelling that can give you more double meanings and insinuations (this is where the humor comes in)

In column five write down any phrases, old quotes, old book titles, etc. associated with any word in any of your columns (use variations on spelling to.) Stay away from trendy catch phrases that are here today and gone tomorrow. This takes research!

Now look at all of your columns and get rid of anything too vague or offensive.

Somewhere in this list of columns is a very clever name---you just have to pair up words/phrases and work it out.

Good luck!

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Great post by contentondemand!

My suggestion would be to avoid using the word "forklift" in your name, as this is really narrow and will be too restricting in the future. Nobody really wants to hire a consultant only for forklifts.

Yeah, yeah, I know that narrowing your focus is a good strategy, but in this case, I think forklifts is too narrow for the long term.

Another suggestion: Think from the customer's point of view. Do your customers really care about forklift saftey? Well, sure...but what they REALLY care about is saving money or earning more money or lowering costs. Maybe think of a way to incorporate this concept into your name.

Share on facebook