Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    A way to advertise the business
    My dad has a restaurant business and the location is hidden. I have tried to drop off menus to different businesses and apartment houses, but that's soliciting. I have tried a few social media sites, which is one of the best way to advertise the business. I am currently working on a website so I can put all the menu item on it, which I believe many people would like the idea to be able to look at the menu online. Is there any other way to advertise the business? I would like more people to know about there's this restaurant exist.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by pandandesign View Post
    My dad has a restaurant business and the location is hidden. I have tried to drop off menus to different businesses and apartment houses, but that's soliciting. I have tried a few social media sites, which is one of the best way to advertise the business. I am currently working on a website so I can put all the menu item on it, which I believe many people would like the idea to be able to look at the menu online. Is there any other way to advertise the business? I would like more people to know about there's this restaurant exist.
    What kind of restaurant is it ? Depending on your target audience maybe you can put up posters in areas where there are alot of people (business aprt of town etc). Put up good offers (price) and great pictures on the posters!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    People love free stuff! You can try offering some free menu items, like toppings/a drink, make a happy hour where the prices are lower or offer free stuff for the girls as a way to encourage couples visiting your restaurant business, put up special offers on Valentines Day, Thanksgiving etc . Now take all this, print it on some flyers and advertise around the town. You can also try advertising with stickers, bicycles and cars with your logo on them.

Still, like DomDom asked, what type of restaurant business are we talking about? Knowing that would help us be more specific with our answers.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    My friend owns a tiny healthy snack bar. He advertised by giving local gym members and employees 10% off their purchase. It worked great. Find out who your target clientele is and what drives them? Is it an office lunch crowd you are going after? If that's the case, maybe offer lunch promos to drive business, or offer samples of the lunch menu at a couple local offices. Your target clientele will give you the answers to your questions. It is sometimes as simple as asking them.

The idea with the website is great. You should definitely have one, but it won't drive traffic unless it is supported by other activities.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I know this might sound silly, but have you considered a sign waver? If the location is hidden, maybe a large banner with someone waving it will capture attention. Maybe at lunch time have to sign advertise a lunch special. Getting traffic can be tricky without soliciting, however, have you considered asking apartment managers if they would be willing to add your flyer to the welcome packet of new tenants or asking neighboring hotels if they would consider handing menus to guests who are looking for somewhere to eat in the area?

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    The website will be a great boost. Also make sure you register the business on Google once you set up the website. This is the place to start: https://www.google.com/business/placesforbusiness/
    If you do this, your business will pop up on searches on Google Maps and also shows info about your business when someone Googles it. I said to only do this after you set up the website because people would want to see the menu.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    You can still go through social media websites by making your customers like the food or the page in Facebook for example. That way the exposure of your business online as well as offline would go well. You may also make use of tarpaulins and fliers in order for people to know that you exist. You could also do some promotional stunts like free food from 8-9 am or something like that. People will see how good the food is and would spread it through word of mouth like fire.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    These days, I think people are not too much against going out of their way to find good food, and it's even why food trucks are doing so well. People like to have their own little secrets areas, so if you are able to tap into the online food community in your local area that appreciates such a thing, then you'd have a core audience already and it can only grow bigger from there through word of mouth. You just have to make it enticing and actually give them a reason to scavenge hunt to find your place. Good luck!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    The USPS has a great direct mail program where you can drop off post cards with them and only pay for the postage. They will send it to everyone in each area of your choosing. Usually, I look in my mail box and on Yelp when i'm trying to find a restaurant.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I suggest you get a good hold on that Facebook fanpage you should have created by now. Start using Facebook Adverts and start presenting your menu on your fanpage. It is very easy to get people to like it as you can suggest it to all your friends and you can ask your friends to suggest it to their friends and so on. Start by investing about 50 dollars a month, I promise you it's gonna be really worth it. Good luck

Share on facebook