Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Is pay per click worth it??
    Hey Guys,

Im a newbie in the business world. Im trying to generate traffic to my website. I'm looking into different forms of advertisement online and wondering if the pay per click worth the money. I'm wondering if you should make a certain type of income before considering that option. I guess I can try it and see how much I spend compared to how much it actually generates, but I'd rather not waste my time or money if it's not worth it. Let me know if you've already experienced this!

Oh yeah,, and is it legit? I mean if someone just clicks and then closes out of my site do I have to pay for that? Or do they have to engage for a certain amount of time????

Thanks,

Melissa

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Yes if someone just clicks and closes your website out you're still paying for it. Honestly, if you don't have a hefty marketing budget don't even worry about it for now. Generate some good content, like blog posts for your site, and work some basic SEO to start to get an audience.

Share on facebook

I make decent money on Cash Crate and pay for a number of things using gift cards I get on InstaGC. Feel free to check out my work online blog.

3. Collapse Details
    Yes, if a user clicks on an ad even if the user is on your site for a second, you will be charged for that click. I have heard that unless you have a thousand monthly visitors or less then you won't see much increase in traffic. This being said, I tried Google AdWords on one of my blogging sites and I saw traffic increase heavily over the next 12 hours. When I saw that I was going to be charged $8.50 for a 12 hour period, I abruptly paused the campaign because I don't have the cash to run a campaign right now. Google AdWords works and if you are selling products on your website, then you will be able to determine how much spending ranks over what you are generating in income. In addition to Google AdWords or a pay per click ad service, I hope you are using social media and gaining a following to get your website, products & articles out there.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Seeing as you can get some quite cheap pay per click packages I wouldn't be afraid to try it. Do a small test and see what happens!
    There are also websites where you view other websites and subsequently get credited with the amount of views, which you can then use to advertize your website for free. The problem here is that it takes a lot of time and most people are there just to get views to their own website and won't really care about what you are selling.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    It is not worth the cost to run PPC campaign just to promote a web site. Unless you are selling products directly on your web site, it doesn't really justify the cost at all. The amount of money you pay to advertise your web site will far exceed the revenue you can get. The best scenario is you'd pay a few cents for each click, and how will those clicks covert? Not well at all. Most of those people who clicked will only last a few seconds on your web site without even reading through the content on that landing page. Even less people will look around to check out other pages.

Besides, what is your goal? Have people to click on the ads running your web site? Or to have people sign up on your web site? You'd be lucky if 1% of those clicks will covert. Then how much can you make from each of those 1%? Far below what you have paid for that 100% of the clicks lol.

However, it is ok if you have tons of money to burn and want a quick boost to the popularity of your site if you are trying to expand followers. In the long run, you'd never make enough to cover the cost unless your web site is basically an online store selling popular products.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I would really only advertise using Google. If you go to shady websites to get people to your site, you know shady people will come and try to find a way to get your money without having to do anything for it.

Whenever you do decide to do it, keep a good track of the amount of visitors you get and compare it to the amount you payed for. Also check their user agents (the device/software they are browsing with) to check if there are any irregularities or things that seem strange (always the same user agent for example).
    Checking on IP is also something you can do. People can come to your site more than once but if the same IP is coming to your site for over a 100 times a day, that's a little suspicious.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    PPC, Pay Per Click, is and is not worth it. PPC is a very specific model that you have to cater to if you're wanting to turn sales/profits from it. You have to do your research. Is there a lot of competition in the same market? If so, this can make it harder for you to accrue sales. Everything about your PPC ad has to be dead on and specific. You are bound to get people that just click through and exit, that's part of the game. But if you market it correctly and use the correct key terms and words and the competition for that specific product/service isn't too great, you can still turn generous profits from PPC ads.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I see it as it's not worth it at all. Pay Per click is just waste on money and time.
    Personally, I would go for advertise my website on social media instead.
    Such as: Facebook, Twitter etc.

Otherwise, do some Google search.
    I found a site that maybe would be worth a look:
    http://www.bluecorona.com/blog/is-pa...click-worth-it

Good luck.
    - Best regards, Axmen.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Pay Per Click Helps!
    It is totally legit. I suggest you find pay per click programs that are reputable. Those that are well known. You could even look online to find out if anyone has done reviews on the programs that you are inquiring about. Look for the Better Business Bureau Logo on the site but if a site does not have a logo, does not mean that the site is not legit. I am a part of pay per click programs but one thing you need to know is that in order to get paid well you need to start generating a lot of traffic for your business. Look into SEO search engine optimization because if no one clicks on these add then you won't get paid.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    While it is legit, and technically they provide what they offer, I would not recommend it. As other have said, the users can just stay on the site for a few seconds and close the ad, and it will take your money. Not to talk about the bots people are using. It won't pay off if you aren't extremely lucky.

You should advertise on social networks, it pays off much better. Not to mention you can target your audience and gain feedback from them.
    But the content is what matters. Get you users to attract their friends to see the amazing content you are providing, build e-mail lists, offer bonuses, etc.

Share on facebook

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

- Collin Powell