Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Effective ways to sell ad space on local publication
    Hello everyone! I'm a 16 year-old young entrepreneur with a small publication in my hometown called SpotJunkie. Just to help here a little bit, let me tell you a little more about my publication.

SpotJunkie is a local weekly 4 page publication for the community and surrounding areas, to help them find deals, events, cars for sale, properties for rent/sale, coupons from the local restaurants and more.

I have already published 2 issues; it's doing very well with the 1,000 I've printed for both issues. But my problem is that I don't know how to sell ads to the local businesses. I'm having a hard time selling the front page, which was set to per-week, but I had to change it to monthly like the rest of the ads. Not many people seem to be interested in it. Others are telling me "let me see the first few issues" or "come back in a few months" I know they're turning me down, they don't want to say no to me. I really need the front and back pages filled. It's a weekly publication, and it's already Wednesday and I haven't sold 1 ad yet.

If you have any tips on how to help me, that would be great! If you have any questions, or if I did leave some info out (which I know I did but can't remember what I left out) please feel free to ask. You're help would be greatly accepted.

Thanks

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Way to go on your business!
    We also sell business to business advertising. It takes patience and persistence. We have started using Highrise as a CRM to keep track of our leads.
    I like to target businesses that are already advertising in print ads.
    Keep at it, they will come.

Share on facebook

Dufferin Media
    Social Media Management Services
    Hands off solution to help you build your business online using the powerful tools of Social Media
    www.dufferinmedia.com
    sarah@dufferinmedia.com

3. Collapse Details
    Choose a location for your billboard that will attract buyers. ...
    Use your billboard to advertise itself. ...
    Contact local organizations to let them know that your billboard space is for rent. ...
    Offer discounted rates for advertising on multiple billboards (optional). ...
    List your billboard on Internet sites.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Choose a location for your billboard that will attract buyers. ...
    Use your billboard to advertise itself. ...
    Contact local organizations to let them know that your billboard space is for rent. ...
    Offer discounted rates for advertising on multiple billboards (optional). ...
    List your billboard on Internet sites.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Choosing wedding photographers in Salem is probably one of the best decisions you make. There are so many talented ones in the NDS 24x7 studio.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Can you imagine it? Even though local publications aren't that spread nowadays there are still different magazine subscription scams and many people actually become victims of this. This is pretty sad and I believe it's important to learn more about it.

Share on facebook

Last edited by Brownii; 04-25-2020 at 07:52 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    Hey guys a little here please check out densiva.ng to procure pretty much anything you need ranging from wears to properties they can be trusted link below :
    https://densiva.ng/

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Magazine advertisements can be one of the most effective ways to reach customers. As an ad sales expert, demonstrate that to potential clients to boost their bottom line and yours.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Hi, thanks for the request.

I'd agree with the below, although sometimes the best bet is to wait for people to come to you. So have your rate sheet but never make it public. Instead place an ad in your own newspaper, stating cheap advertising is available to get in front of "Over 3,000 readers" - This will peak the interest of some of the individuals reading.

Also I'd say you want to expand where you distribute the magasine too. If you can give free copies to local businesses they will be more than happy and will also flick through and you may end up having those businesses advertise in your newspaper, whilst at the same time gaining traction for the brand.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    One of the best ways to sell ads is to display advertising. Whether you are a blogger who just started gaining an audience or a respectable publisher, programmatic advertising has something to offer. The secret is in the automation of the buying and selling processes.

Share on facebook