1. Collapse Details
    Independent Contractor vs. Employee
    Iím happy to report that we are growing at such a rapid rate that I am now looking to hire ďrealĒ employees. By real, I mean people off the street. Currently, we have 4 people in the office, all of whom we know personally as close friends and family. I donít know of anyone who needs a job who is qualified to work in our field so that is why I am considering putting an ad in our local paper/online.
    My question is what you look for in hiring someone who you donít know. I will obviously be doing a background check and calling references, but are there certain questions I should ask or points I should make when interviewing someone? Also, Iím not sure if I should hire someone as an independent contractor or as an employee. What are the process and cons of each? I know that it may affect how much I pay in taxes and how they are paid as well; I want to do whatís best for both our company and the worker.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Everything really depend on your business type. Sometimes it's better to outsource some of your workload to a contact-centers, for example. In this case you do not need to thing about hiring process. Also its always better to hire employees vs contractors, as there you have to pay taxes

Share on facebook

Mike Levin,
    Small online store owner.

I Use SMC

3. Collapse Details
    there is no comparison b/w this is my openoion.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Depends on your budget. If hiring a full time employee will give you savings over getting a contractor, then by all means go with getting an employee. But if you feel that you need to have an independent contractor for a job that needs to be done by an expert, it would be wise to consider that.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I worked previously as an HR officer and I was in recruitment, I wouldn't recommend calling references as they tend to be skewed. Most candidates would place people who see them in a positive light as references. If you want objective opinions just get in touch with their previous companies and try to talk to their former supervisor/employer. By the way if you are looking to outsource employment to virtual employees you can submit your job opening to http://www.hirepinoy.com

Share on facebook

Looking for affordable high quality virtual employees? Then post your job to Hire Pinoy!

6. Collapse Details
    Hey,
    I have few steps I follow when I am about to hire a new employee, I will share them with you and I hope it will help you and may be someone else in the future.
    1. Post an ad online (If you have your own website, you should post there as well on FB page, etc.)
    2. Have a short phone calls with the candidates who have preferred qualifications and experience
    3. First interview ( I like to give them scenarios and see what their responses are)
    4. Check their social media platforms (You can learn a lot from it)
    5. Second interview with the short listed candidates
    6. Background check (I never skip this step as I believe itís one of the most important steps. I also donít use free website because I donít trust them. I can recommend background-intel.com as legit and accurate)

I created this list with years experience and I found it is the most successful for me. Of course if it is for less important job, I could skip one or two steps but basically thatís it. Hope it can help someone in the future!

Share on facebook