Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Should you always do a criminal background check when hiring an employee?
    Lets admit it we all have those people we interview and think they are simply the best and cant wait to have them start working for your company. When this happens do you feel like even if you love them that you should still go thru the process of background check? Sometimes some people are so obvious that you dont need to or some that you do.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I believe you should. It's better than seeing things come up later on. You can always decide after seeing the records if you are going to hire him/her or not.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Ofcourse you should if the position is with responsibilities. It isnt very smart to hire someone with history full of thievery in my opinion.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I'm on the fence with this. Part of me knows that some of the people who I know personally who have spotless records are far from trustworthy while a couple I know who have been in trouble in the past do their best to "behave" nowadays. But, part of me feels like it's risky not to do a background check. I suppose it would depend on the position.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I believe you should, just as you should ask the employee first if anything will show up. If something does show up make sure to ask the potential employee to explain the situation. You never know the exact circumstances.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Yes, you definitely should. I don't know how it works in other areas, but here, employees vying for a job have to get police clearance and you can at least just start from there and just research further if you are planning on hiring him or her. However, I would still try not to write off a person who has a criminal record even if I did find some spotty things in his or her past, and I would rather just assess the situation per individual. I admit that I will have some bias but I will at least try to hear the person out and try to help them further if I eventually decide against hiring them.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    A background check is fair game, always. Some people look great because they are smarter than you and running game on you, and you should always be willing to believe that there is someone out there who is capable of more amazing deception than you could ever handle. That being said, a background check doesn't need to be a consistent reason for you to not hire someone---sometimes people with a record are your most loyal employees, because they have a lot more to lose than a job if they become unemployed by you. Be smart and be careful!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I believe employee's that you are applying should get a background check. It's only fair, plus that way it'll be more on the safer side than having to regret employing him later down the road. It's better safe than sorry, and definitely worth not having to worry with a guy. Plus, wouldn't you want to know that you just employed a guy who attempted murder? I sure would.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Absolutely. Your job in the hiring process is to screen out risks to your company. Running a background check is a vital tool used to determine if a candidate has been convicted of any job-related offenses. Would you hire a bank teller without running a background check to see if he/she laundered money before? You should use every tool at your disposal to limit the risks to your company, including background checks.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Realistically, yes, you should. It doesn't mean you can't still hire them if something pops up on their record, of course, but you SHOULD be aware. And it will show a lot about a person if they didn't disclose things in their past that might be relevant to them hiring you.

Share on facebook