Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Computer Repair: What Type of Form do I Need?
    For computer repair sometimes people want me to pick up and drop off their computer the next day.

I want a form that will say that their computer is in my possession and guarantee them nothing will be modified or messed with. I'm looking for any names of forms or terms that would help so I can do a search and get some ideas for this.

Thanks

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    It sounds like it would be fairly simple to create your own.

You won't want anything complex, as the customer is unlikely to relish being presented with it. So why not make notes on what exactly you wish to guarantee, and then create the the form, properly fomatted with your word processor. With the time you spend searching, you could probably do the job itself.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    alright i will give it a try thanks

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Make your own and depending on the laws governing in your country, state in the document that it is a contract between you and the customer you are servicing your skills to. And that you are guaranteeing the safety of all the computer parts and that you will not tamper with anything whether the CPU of a desktop, Laptop or any other device or peripheral.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    First, are you the one who's going to fix someone else's computer? Or are you just the one who delivers the computers by picking up and dropping them off? It's a liability issue right there, simply you have to make sure they're safely arrive to customers' location. For fixing the computers, I would assume that you have gained the trust by having someone to ask you for repair, then the documentation happens to have both of you guys to actually go over and either one of you have to write something down and make sure both of you agree to the terms. Again, it's a liability issue right there, it's an important law in any state.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    It sounds like you are only providing transportation services. Besides any contractual agreements or guarantees, you may want to look into using some type of tamper-proof seal system.
    This would really help your service stand out and give your customers a nice "peace of mind".

Way back in the 60's as a kid I worked in my parents television repair shop. We always tagged our customers electronics as soon as they changed hands.
    This was a simple tag on a string similar to a raffle ticket. In those days we would hang it on one of the TV knobs, and tear off the perforated matching end and hand that to the customer.
    These days a two part metallic sticker would do the job.

If you are also handling the repairs then you must give estimates and follow the laws regarding the repair of electronics and appliances for your state.
    Also providing an easy way for the customer to verify that you are bonded and insured, and your policy is in force is great too.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I found a couple templates online. This one seems pretty good, but you should modify it to meet your actual terms, of course. Be sure to read it very carefully because you're not necessarily going to agree to the same things.

For example, for section 1.3, you may want to say "The predicted length of time estimated for repair is not a guarantee. During repair, it may be discovered that additional time is required."

Sample template to work with:

COMPUTER REPAIR/SERVICE AGREEMENT
    1. DISCLAIMER
    1.1 I (Your name) will only perform and provide computer services, repairs, and upgrades as requested by the customer. I will conduct honest, reasonable, and considerate services. The goal is to provide the highest quality of service and support, but specific results cannot be guaranteed.
    1.2 Computer service/repairs are provided as a service. There may be circumstances under which your computer cannot be repaired. It will have to be rebuilt or upgraded. (Examples: Age of PC, repair/replacement parts obsolete (memory chips, motherboards, etc.)
    1.3 The length of time required to service/repair your computer cannot be predicted. (See para 2.1 below)
    1.4 You understand that in the process of working on your computer equipment, there is a potential for data loss. You agree that you have made the necessary backups of your data so that, in the event of such loss, the data can be restored. I will not be responsible for data loss. (See para 4.4 below)
    1.5 You authorize the technician providing the service or repair to install anti-virus and any other necessary software on your computer to perform required services. All software will be deleted / uninstalled upon completion of the service.

2. BILLING TERMS
    2.1 Computer services/repairs are billed as stated on the service order provided.
    2.2 An estimate of cost for work will be provided before performing computer services/repairs. Estimates are not guaranteed.
    2.3 In the case that there is an unforeseen deviation, beyond the above estimated amount, every effort will be made to contact you and inform you of the situation and receive authorization to continue or stop at the estimate limit.
    2.4 In the case that you cannot be reached, work will stop until contact is established. Once reached, your decision to continue or stop will be honored.

3. PAYMENT TERMS
    3.1 Full payment is due upon completion of services, upgrades, or repairs.
    3.2 Computer parts, hardware, or/and software that are ordered or special ordered must be paid in advance.
    3.3 I only accept cash.
    4.1 Service(s) are provided in an effort to fix, upgrade, or otherwise repair the computer system(s) for which you request such service(s).
    4.2 Your system will not be intentionally harmed. The primary goal is to fix your computer, not damage it.
    4.3 In the case of accidental damage of data to your system or data loss caused by already existing problems in your system such as viruses, bad configured software, or hardware problems/failures -You agree to hold myself (Travis Chapman) harmless from damages resulting from such problems.
    4.4 It is your responsibility to backup your data. I will not be responsible for data loss. (See para 1.4 above)

5. SUPPORT
    5.1 Customer satisfaction is my utmost importance.
    5.2 All services will be conducted in a professional, reasonable and timely manner. Also, taking into consideration the circumstances and nature of the technical problems.
    5.3 Free support will be provided for problems to be resolved from the service order, but not resolved.

6. REPAIRS & SERVICE GURANTEE
    6.1 If later found that the service or repair was incorrectly diagnosed by the technician. Then I will perform the repair/service free of any labor charge. Only the new parts will be charged.

7. ESTIMATES
    7.1 Free Estimates. All repair/service estimates are free.
    7.2 A $5 Estimate Fee is charged after 30 minutes if I am not allowed to concentrate on the estimate for service.
    7.3 Customers are asked to not interrupt myself as the evaluation and estimate are completed. Save all additional questions until after you receive the estimate.
    7.4 Answer only those questions that I may ask in order to properly evaluate your PCs problem.

Technician’s Signature: _______________________________________

Client Account # ______________

Date: ______ / ______ / ______ Service Order # ______________

I hereby agree to the above terms and authorize (your name) to perform services/repairs as stated in the service order. I also agree to the terms and conditions within this Agreement.

Signature:

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    dangerous if the laptop is left, because usually such devices in the laptop replaced

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Hi iam also repairing laptops on my service center
    On the lower part of the display bezel you’ll find two covers hiding screws.You can remove screw covers with a sharp object. After that glue cover to the bezel so they

don’t get lost.Remove two screws found under those covers.

STEP 2.

Start separating the bezel from the display back cover on the top of the display assembly.Use a piece of soft plastic.Insert it between the bezel and cover and

separate them from each other.

STEP 3.

Continue removing the bezel with your fingers.First on the top and then on the bottom part of the display.

STEP 4:

Separate the bezel from the display assembly and remove it.

STEP 5.

Carefully unplug the cable from the left side of the web camera module

STEP 6.

Remove three screws from the right hinge bracket.

STEP 7.

Remove three more screws from the left hinge bracket.

STEP 8.

Now you should be able to separate the cracked LCD from the display cover and place it front side down on the top cover.Be careful, the video cable still connected to

the back of the screen.

STEP 9.

Now you can access the video cable connector.By the way, the web camera cable is part of the video harness.Carefully unglue the web camera cable.

STEP 10.

Remove clear tape securing the video cable connector.Unglue the video cable and disconnect it.

STEP 11.

Remove the broken LCD and replace it with a new one.You can search for a new screen by the model number.

For more details toshiba laptop service in chennai

Share on facebook