Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Advertising for pennies on the dollar?
    I'm on a shoestring budget and am working on promoting my website and business. I've submitted by website to search engines, made myself some attractive business cards, posted flyers on community bulletin boards, posted some free internet classified ads, and am participating in some home-based biz forums like this one. Is there anything I'm missing? Any tips or ideas? Thanks in advance!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Advertising for pennies on the dollar?
    Quote Originally Posted by craigk
    I'm on a shoestring budget and am working on promoting my website and business. I've submitted by website to search engines, made myself some attractive business cards, posted flyers on community bulletin boards, posted some free internet classified ads, and am participating in some home-based biz forums like this one. Is there anything I'm missing? Any tips or ideas? Thanks in advance!
    Have you considered Google AdWords?

It might be worth looking into.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Manatee-

I am starting to research Google Adwords right now, have you had sucess with this? How much do you need to approx spend to get a good response off of this? I am trying to keep my budget down to maybe a couple hundred dollars a month, tops!

Thanks in advance,
    Scott

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I have been using google adwords for about 6 months now and they are pretty effective. I use the ads for one of my websites on which i sell praise dance videos and i get quite some traffic from google.

Of course, depending on what your product is, you will have some competition in bidding for keywords in the ads. But i spend less than $100 every month with bids of about 8c per click.

good luck!

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Ads and business cards are a very good way to get your business out there. BUT, one cheap and easy way is social media sites!! Many businesses, offer little contests and things like that, and in order to enter you have to like and share their page! This gets your name out there, and gets you lots of followers! Also twitter and other social media sites, all these sites have many ways for you to get your business out there!

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Search engines are a beautiful thing my friend. You really don't need to spend a dime on marketing if you have some great content and some patience. Google will reward your efforts if you are consistently putting up good stuff.

Share on facebook

I make decent money on Cash Crate and pay for a number of things using gift cards I get on InstaGC. Feel free to check out my work online blog.

7. Collapse Details
    Everybody has provided great tips for you to enhance your web presence, such as creating great content and working on SEO. Since you are on a shoe-string budget, it probably won't make sense to explore paid advertising for now. I suggest looking at free ways to increase traffic to your website. Some things you can look at are article marketing via Ezine Articles, Hub Pages and even Press Releases. Once you get income coming in, then you can set aside some of that for paid advertising. Good luck!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the advice! I will have to look into google adwords. It sounds promising.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    is your business a local niche?

Share on facebook

Jake Miller
    Founder, CEO
    Miller Marketing Group
    www.millermarketingroup.com

10. Collapse Details
    Seems like your doing it all right! Life someone said social media is a great, free and effective way.. Adipose from the regular Facebook and twitter.. Try instagram and LinkedIn... Maybe offer referral bonuses for people who bring you new clients.. Depending the business.. Local business trade shows are effective as wwll ..good luck!

Share on facebook