Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    You're going to compete with Starbucks? I hope it works out for you, but I would never try it. I think someone else said this, but the government and business regulations are the least of your worries. Those problems have nothing specific to do with the "coffee shop" industry. Look at your state building code and if you can't find the specific department, call some state office and ask where to find the regulations you are looking for.

You're also competing with grocery store coffee. That's where I go if I ever buy coffee.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    try to read this site. http://articles.bplans.com/13-tips-o...l-coffee-shop/
    i also apply the steps and advice that they told, its good and will help us

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    franchise is the better option as you want to enter in the coffee shop business.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    It's also important to assess fire detection and warning systems regularly and make sure that they are in working order. I think, no one wants the systems to stay idle when a fire happens, so I recommend applying to this service https://www.americanbackflowpreventi...ow-testing.php

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Yes, restroom, and emergency exit is important for the coffee shop. Comfortable environment and quality service and also delicious coffee are the basic requirement for any coffee shop.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    That's so cool you want to open your own coffee shop! I know it can be pretty confusing starting up your own business. So many things to think about!

I'm also interested in running a business. And as I was doing research, I came across a few articles about buying an existing business. It made me start to think that maybe until I got some experience under my belt, I should consider managing or purchasing a business that is already up-and-running. I found an article called, "Reasons to Buy an Existing Franchise," that had some really insightful points, such as the franchise will train you on what needs to be done and how (and no worries about restroom and emergency exit codes since those should already be in place!), the business will already have brand recognition, and you'll start generating revenue right away. With these things taken care of, I can learn how to properly manage a company and understand which things need priority. All of that will help me be better prepared for running my own business one day.

I hope my ramblings were at least a little helpful! Good luck in your endeavors!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    As a member rightly pointed out, it depends largely on the state that you're in.

My sister runs a restaurant in NY state and she mentioned licenses from the health as well as the fire department.

I do remember that she struggled with fire approvals.

If you need help on this, let me know, I can ask her for more details.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Start in a restaurant incubator.
    Apply for restaurant loans or explore capital opportunities.
    Find an investor or even better, an angel investor.
    Get creative with crowdfunding.
    Consider starting with a pop-up, food truck, or catering business first.
    Ask your landlord for options.

Share on facebook