Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Marketing Strategies
    Hello,

I'm building a web development business plan and I'm starting to think about the marketing end of it. That is, in order to get my business up and running, I'm going to have to market myself. So I've got questions:

What kind of agencies should I be looking for?
    What's the most cost effective way to marketing myself?
    How can I research marketing agents to see who's got the best success records?

Does anybody have any good answers to these questions, or just addition advice?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Marketing Strategies
    I am confused by the question because you say you want to market yourself but want to look for an agency.

If you provide some more info about your company I can give you some advice on what to do.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Any "agency" will tell you that they have the great success stories. Marketing small businesses is a very individualzed campaign process specific to that business if it is to be effective. What you need is a marketing consultant that specializes in small business marketing so that any campaign you implement will be specific to your business and within your budget constraints. Feel free to e-mail me with specific questions - I love my work and have no qualms about giving free advice!

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by gib99
    Hello,

I'm building a web development business plan and I'm starting to think about the marketing end of it. That is, in order to get my business up and running, I'm going to have to market myself. So I've got questions:

What kind of agencies should I be looking for?
    What's the most cost effective way to marketing myself?
    How can I research marketing agents to see who's got the best success records?

Does anybody have any good answers to these questions, or just addition advice?
    If you are going to do it yourself, really ask yourself if you have the knowledge to do it. Marketing seems simple and it is. Effective marketing is not as simple and does require some level of experience. The outcome should be simple, but the process can be quite complex. Depending on your budget, you might have to forget about an "agency" and go the route of a small business marketing consultant. There are plenty out there who can get you started for a reasonable price.

Regards,
    JMR

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I just started my own web design company recently and I got my first several customers by simply handing out flyers. I made a small flyer that I could fit 3 copies on one piece of paper, bought a cartridge for my inkjet printer and literally printed thousands of the flyers for less than a $100 ink and paper investment.

For a week straight I got up VERY early and dropped them on the doorsteps of businesses in my area before they opened up, and I got several new clients out of it.

Now that I have the new clients, I will be able to "WOW" them with great service and use them to get referral business.

Another idea that I had but never actually did was to look at local papers. If a business will pay for an advertisment in the paper, but they DON'T list their website, then it's a pretty safe bet that they don't have one!

However, they are willing to pay for advertising/marketing, so you just call them up and tell them how their website would make their advertising dollars MUCH more effective!

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Before I answer the question of the web developer that started this thread, allow me to shake violently the web developer that had the idea to contact businesses that are paying to advertise their company in the mass media (newspaper) and don't currently have a website. It's a good idea, stop wrting about it and go do it.

Now for the original question.

Unless you have a decent sized marketing budget, and I'm going to assume you don't yet, forget about an agency of any kind. There are agencies that will charge you directly for creative work, and there are those that will take you on "free" and get paid via the media they place for you. But unless you have a significant media budget you can forget about the "free" creative too.

What you really need is some grass roots marketing ideas. Some of the ones already posted are a good start.

Probably your best bet and your best ROI for your type of business is personal networking. Get out into the business world and introduce yourself to people. A couple good places to start are your local chamber of commerce and or your local chapter of BNI (Business Networking International) Both charge a annual membership fee, but are far less expensive than any "advertising" medium and one decent sized job will more than cover your expenses.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    If you are trying to improve your advertising strategy you should take help from some social networking sites like Facebook,Google +,Twitter. And post your ads at some best social networking sites because these sites are at top of the social networking sites and these sites have large number of users also.

Share on facebook

Sparx IT Solutions

8. Collapse Details
    So the main thing you want to do is to market yourself? In order to do that, you should get accreditation in order to increase your credibility. Attend seminars and workshops. Then as others said above, join social media networks and get a lot of friends and followers.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    What I have been doing lately, not just for my marketing ideas but every time I am thinking of dealing with a site I check out the BBB file on this site. If they do not have one and they are located in the US, I will ask the BBB to look into the matter. I am so tired of being ripped off by these scam artists. In answer to your question, I have found the most cost effective solution to this problem is to purchase marketing software of my own.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    To answer your first question, I would like to say that you should look out for agencies which are experienced with advertising online businesses. And if you are looking cost-effective ways to market yourself, I would recommend you to do marketing on social networking websites and start putting in classifieds over the various advertising sites like craigslist, etc. You can also research about marketing agencies by looking into how successful their clients have been after employing them as a worker for them.

Share on facebook