Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Just to address some of your outline here if I can.

If you want a business to get off the ground in its first year, then you are going to have to spend a hell of a lot longer t it than 4-5 hours a day. The first year as many will tell you is by far the hardest, so putting all you can muster into getting it off the ground level is a must.

As for renting a place goes; I think they call that a mortgage - so it's really the same thing. So if you want to keep paying back the money to the banksters every month, you're going to want to shift as much of your product as you can. Have a look locally for places to sell your proucts like public events or markets, which are a great place to get your name about.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I don't know that home-based businesses are that easily. Of course they can be. If you want to have a good product there really isn't any difference from working at an office to working at home. It can take just as much of a time commitment or sometimes even more. A lot of people do things like Web Design from home. It takes a very long time to do well and a lot of commitment. Especially when you are just getting started.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Exactly, what Andy says!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy1982 View Post
    Just to address some of your outline here if I can.

If you want a business to get off the ground in its first year, then you are going to have to spend a hell of a lot longer t it than 4-5 hours a day. The first year as many will tell you is by far the hardest, so putting all you can muster into getting it off the ground level is a must.

As for renting a place goes; I think they call that a mortgage - so it's really the same thing. So if you want to keep paying back the money to the banksters every month, you're going to want to shift as much of your product as you can. Have a look locally for places to sell your proucts like public events or markets, which are a great place to get your name about.
    Unfortunately, people have been spoiled.... or we were, now we must work harder, longer, AND completely outside of the box! There surly is a ton of opportunity for anything you want, if you're willing to put in the work. The first 5 years of any adventure, whether it be a business, a relationship or maybe just a step back from the life you had is an uphill road. Plan to work 24/7 to get a business off the ground, especially if your dealing with the www! If you want a physical business outside www then you better be prepared to work at least 12 hour days 7 days a week outside the home. There simply is TOO much competition and simply SOO much red tape that it takes A LOT of passion and dedication to persevere to Business Owner! Good luck to us all!

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I doubt 4-5 hours a day is enough to achieve success. I find myself spending more hours on my business than a person working a 9 to 5 office job. The rewards are definitely worth it though. Basic computer skills can only take you so far. In my opinion, you need to be knowledgeable in many areas in order to build your brand name. For example, I had to teach myself HTML, CSS and graphics design in order to create a website that is visually appealing to visitors.

I agree that the barriers to entry in starting a home-based business is relatively low. It's as simple as starting a blog on blogger. However, the hard part comes after that. It usually take years of effort before you finally see results.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    With the Website programs that are available now, either for free or for a pretty reasonable cost it's fairly easy to create a great looking Website for a person's business these days. I've started a nice Website working an affiliate program, but I think one of the biggest hurdles is driving traffic to your site. I'm just taking things one step at a time. I want to gather some more information as far as advertising and I agree with smartmom because it does cost money to advertise. I'm just going to check out some various one's and see what I can get on a very low advertising budget, at least to start out with anyway.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks a lot for this. Sure is a simple enough list to follow. I need heaps of advice like this. Keep 'em coming please...!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Great information. Thanks for sharing. I really do appreciate.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Excellent information from everyone who shared. I really need to read and re-read all of it, it reminds of why I am trying to do what I do and to keep at it.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    That sounds great. I am sure that someone here who wanted to start a home business will have no issues at all now. But one thing to note is that it is always not easy you must put in a lot of time into your business before you succeed.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Thanks for this info! I think it is at least a good guide for people not sure where to get started. I also think the free ad sites are great. There are quite a few on your list I never heard of. This information is helpful for me!

Share on facebook