Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Is Ebay a good way to sell new banner ads?
    Hi,

I've just launched a website offering free hosting and online web design tools. I'm hoping to secure a little revenue with a main banner at the top of my homepage. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with auction results of selling banners on Ebay. When I looked this morning there were 72 various ads for sale on there.

Cheers - Fletch

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Is Ebay a good way to sell new banner ads?
    Hi, perhaps the first thing is you will have to show how many visitors your site is getting. This will be the main source of attraction to your advertiser. Also, your ad price will be depending on this number.

hmm....personally i would rather place an ad in some other place than on eBay for this. Perhaps on trade directory, or even approach the business owner directly to see if there are interested. Forum is also a good place to look for your prospect.

There are some forums which they have a marketplace column, where you can post your offer there.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Re: Is Ebay a good way to sell new banner ads?
    I wouldnt really use ebay for this. It could work, but there are forums where you can advertise your ad space for sale, I find that more effective.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I would never sell anything on eBay. There are way too many fees associated with selling anything on this website. There are always a lot of scam artists on eBay as well you have to worry about. The worst thing about eBay is that if there is ever an issue with payments or refunds they will almost always side with the buyer. For these three reasons alone I will never sell anything on eBay again.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
    Hi,

I've just launched a website offering free hosting and online web design tools. I'm hoping to secure a little revenue with a main banner at the top of my homepage. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with auction results of selling banners on Ebay. When I looked this morning there were 72 various ads for sale on there.

Cheers - Fletch
    I would find someone that specializes in this area. You can PM me and i'll help you out if you would like.

There are 100's if not 1000's of ad exchanges out there that will give you a code to put on page. You can set price levels of what this spot is worth and they will fill this spot and generate as much money as they can for you.

(this is what I do for a living)

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    It does seem a little sketchy to find something through e-bay. I would definitely try to get in contact with somebody directly. There's no reason to take risks with that sort of thing when you can have a short conversation with somebody to make it easier. Not sure that e-bay is the best choice for your situation.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I would probably perform some research to see what others in your field of expertise have done. Website design has become fairly simplified over the past few years, so you'd definitely want to make certain that you're targeting the right kind of traffic to your site that would be in need or your services.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Don't sell them on Ebay and certainly don't sell them using Paypal unless you want to lose money. Ebay and Paypal both have a policy against digital items. If you sell something digital, the buyer can ask his/her money back and you can't do anything about it. Try to use your own shopping cart system on your website.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    You wouldn't find a lot of buyers on eBay, aside from their policy against doing this. If your site is small, just use an ad network. If it gets over 10,000 visitors a day, figure out who would profit most from advertising on it and approach a few of those companies directly.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    In my opinion Ebay is more suited for transactions involving physical items or products. But that's just me though. It's true that you can find success if you can find your target audience or customers there.

Share on facebook