Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Spam does work
    Sorry Silver, but I don't agree with you: yes, spam is not "honorable", but to discard it as the work of lazy people with no strategy, I disagree. Some spamming campaign are well orchestrated and highly profitable. Yes, they are short-term strategies, but who cares when they are so profitable!?!

I'm not a spammer and I hate receiving spam. But I do understand that there is a rational strategy behind it and that, although many spammer have no idea what they are doing, many of them are making good money out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver
    >> if it didn't work, why is there so many of them <<

Because it's a desperate knee jerk effort by lazy people who can't work out honorable and sustainable strategies.

Believe me, I and others are spending greater and greater amounts of time hunting them down. At the very least to get their sites shut down, but in some cases, to face the legal consequences (well done Microsoft for once). The latter will increase as case law emerges, and I hope more and more of them can be thrown onto the streets, where they belong.

Spam isn't an option.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Making good money out of spam doesn't make it right or even acceptable. Alledgedly, you can make good money out of robbing banks! (Poor analogy but you get my point!)

I could make good money out of spamming businesses that don't have logos (or crap ones!) but I choose not to...

Besides, it's illegal in the UK.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Spamming
    Dear Eagle,

The point here is not to judge if it's right or wrong, 'cause we all agree it's wrong. The point I'm trying to make is that spamming is a viable business model that should not be simply discarded as "a lazy way to make money".

As long as spamming will be profitable, you will have it. You can run after spammers, but you can only get the dumb ones or the kids that do it for fun. The real ones won't be scarred off spamming with legal threats and they'll keep doing it as long as it'll be profitable.

That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle
    Making good money out of spam doesn't make it right or even acceptable. Alledgedly, you can make good money out of robbing banks! (Poor analogy but you get my point!)

I could make good money out of spamming businesses that don't have logos (or crap ones!) but I choose not to...

Besides, it's illegal in the UK.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Spamming is simply the shotgun technique--blast it out there and your are bound to hit something. Its just playing the odds, like cold calling sales. Its horrible, wastes huge amount of resources and annoying, but people do it because it works for them. If you are in for the long haul, then its definitely NOT an option.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Spam
    I disagree with you. First, you can't compare spamming with cold call because spamming requires little efforts to reach zillions of people. Cold call is one by one and time consuming. Second, spamming can be a strategy for the long haul: as long as you got products to sell and you don't get caught, you're in business! Not all countries have anti-spam laws, so it's possible to spam to the world and export to customers from these countries that have no anti-spam law. Most mail isn't checked. I know so many people who order 5$ illegal copies of movies from Malaysia they've ordered from the Net and the postal service doesn't even bother to check. Spamming can be a viable strategy (geez, I'm convincing myself to start spamming now ).

[quote="Jade456"]Spamming is simply the shotgun technique--blast it out there and your are bound to hit something. Its just playing the odds, like cold calling sales. Its horrible, wastes huge amount of resources and annoying, but people do it because it works for them. If you are in for the long haul, then its definitely NOT an option.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Re: Spam
    Quote Originally Posted by Doryen
    First, you can't compare spamming with cold call because spamming requires little efforts to reach zillions of people.
    Perhaps I wasn't as clear. I merely meant the method remains the same---its a numbers game. Cold calling you by the odds, are bound to get a yes. Do I think the two are related? No. Cold calling is perfectly acceptable business practice. Spamming is for low lifes.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    mUrgent spam
    ScottAllen Guest
    What hypocrites! mUrgent is spamming forums like this all over the web. Fortunately, I have the goods on them -- three different "users" all aliases of the same base user supposedly replying to each other.

There's a word for this, and the FTC doesn't like it.

See the whole story at:

mUrgent and Sophisticated Spam: How NOT to Do Viral Marketing

Anyone interested in helping fight back against this, please contact me.

[Moderator: We've removed their URL from all messages. Thanks for the heads up.]

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    E-mail marketing is a great way to get traffic to your offer or website. The easiest and most effective way to get people to opt in to your email list is to offer something for free like a newsletter. All you have to do is require people enter in their name and email in order to get your free promotion. You'll have tons of leads in no time and you should be seeing some killer profits!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I would advise you to look for another way of marketing. Email marketing is becoming obsolete very fast. People no longer sign up on newsletters so that you can get their email addresses. You can use social media sites they are much better than email marketing.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    people have become smart enough not to look at a simple email ad, you might get one or two hits out of the thousand you send out

Share on facebook