1. Collapse Details
    I run a service business. I purchased an item for a customer but can't collect tax.
    I operate a small computer consulting business. I do not have a permit to collect sales tax in my state. I recently purchased an item for a customer in a pinch, and now I'm not sure how to bill for the item. I purchased the item over the internet so I have not paid sales tax on the item. Can I write it up as an interest free loan to my client in the amount of the item?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    It is wise to charge it's original cost rather than including sales tax.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    This item need to be sales taxed taxed. I would include it on your income taxes as use tax. This is for purchased you buy on the internet. I would charge the customer this amount. You have documentation, you did the best you could with your state

Share on facebook

Chris
    Please visit my website for all your Income Tax Santa Paula needs..

4. Collapse Details
    I always add sales tax...why would you not?

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Tax View Post
    This item need to be sales taxed taxed. I would include it on your income taxes as use tax. This is for purchased you buy on the internet. I would charge the customer this amount. You have documentation, you did the best you could with your state
    I agree - don't know what state you're in but as far as I know, services are always subject to sales tax. If you don't have a permit, that means you need to get one. Filing is easy these days, its all online

Share on facebook