Thread: Startup

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details
    I think that an equal split is always best in terms of initial equity and then build in mechanisms to reward effort and performance in terms of compensation. Sales and customer acquisition is as important as the product. I would openly table the conversation in terms of effort and your concerns. Then I think a min of 20-40% higher income would be appropriate if your 90-10% per-conception proves accurate

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Outsource all your work. You and your friend can focus on Project management. Hiring developers in-house would lead to higher fixed costs.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Actually, there are a lot of things to consider before starting to discuss about salaries. You need to know what percentage is everyone bringing to the table. You might be the programmers, but how much did you give to invest in infrastructure such as building, the workstation computers, office equipments among others. After such considerations, is when you can decide to share the profits along a certain percentage and leave some for the company reserve.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    It really depends on you guys. If you value the idea and would give him an equal share then go ahead. If you think your input is better then give him less credit. 40%-40%-30% is a good idea. 40% for both of you and 30% for the brains.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    You will not be doing 90% job anyway. You should split incomes equal. and this will be good idea. The reason is that person who will be promoting your company will have to know everything about your product and abilities, as well as he will be able to sell it and provide you a good job

Share on facebook

Mike Levin,
    Small online store owner.

I Use SMC