Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Independent Contractors
    I will be an independent contractor to a fortune 500 company next month. The company only pays corporations and therefore I've had to request an EIN number. I did that as a Sole Proprietor and I will soon register my company as an LLC in the state of South Carolina. I have to fill out a form that asks for the Organization type with these options charitable, government, Incorporated. Obviously I am not a charity nor am I a government entity, which leaves only Incorporated. Am I going to have to incorporate my business or is this only a formality that will not bite me in the future?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Independent Contractors
    Hi myrc60,

Which or who's form are you filling out? I am assuming you are talking about a form that the fortune 500 company gave to you.

If they only deal with Inc's then you will probably need to set up a corp.

Ask them if they will deal with an LLC, then based on the answer you can decide which way to go.

Just make sure the extra burden of a corp is going to be worth the business you would gain from dealing with this company.

Hope that helps.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I think it would be best to incorporate your business. If you already have an EIN then you are half way there. There are ways to self incorporate. I think the paperwork for SC is on the SC.gov website, Google incorporating in SC. You can incorporate for less than $200 in SC.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by sbatz72 View Post
    I think it would be best to incorporate your business. If you already have an EIN then you are half way there. There are ways to self incorporate. I think the paperwork for SC is on the SC.gov website, Google incorporating in SC. You can incorporate for less than $200 in SC.
    I think this is the best advice you could get. It's sad that that company needs you to go incorporated but if that's what it takes, you might as well do it. It can be a stepstone to a next adventure when you finish your contract.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    It depends, maybe what you need is to sign checks and use a commercial name on this case it is a DBA and it is no more than $20 on the court.

check this link about that

http://sbspirit.org/finance-manageme...ld-register-it

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    YES! Great piece, keep up the terrific work This is the type of information that should gain recognition for it’s craft.Business Process Outsourcing
    More writers should learn from you.
    This is right on the money. great site i must say..Chartered accountant firms in Pakistan
    ..very enjoyable stuff is placed here in a very appropriate way.
    ..thanks for publish this site…thanks for publish it..its a good attempt..

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    yeah this might help but you should try to work with fiverr free lancers as they are best with it

Share on facebook

Leo Privacy Guard v3.0, The number 1 privacy app in the US right now!

8. Collapse Details
    '' I Think That It Might be Far Better Include Your Company. You're half way there, in the event that it's the case that you previously possess an EIN. You can find methods to self contained. I Think That the Paper Work for SC is around the SC.gov site, Google integrating in SC. You may add for over £ 200 at SC.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    An independent contractor is a person or entity contracted to perform work for—or provide services to—another entity as a nonemployee. As a result, independent contractors must pay their own Social Security and Medicare taxes. The payer must correctly classify each payee as either an independent contractor or employee

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    An independent contractor is a person or entity contracted to perform work for—or provide services to—another entity as a nonemployee. As a result, independent contractors must pay their own Social Security and Medicare taxes. The payer must correctly classify each payee as either an independent contractor or employee

Share on facebook