Thread: Payroll service

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Payroll service
    I'm beginning to explore payroll agencies for my startup business. (I don't have any employees yet.) Does anyone have any advice on what I should look for in an agency, what questions I should ask, red flags to look out for, etc.?

Also, are there any agencies in particular that you would recommend?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Payroll service
    Where are you located?

CYNTHIA

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I'm in California, but at least two of my employees will be in the D.C. area. The rest could be anywhere in the country.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I'm in WV - I help small businesses get up and running and a construction company I did work for used a payroll service called Service Plus Payroll Processing. The guy was really awesome and the reports were very detailed. All the owner had to do was send in the hours and then sign the checks when they came in. But, his company was small and it wasn't very cost effective for him at the time. I ended up doing all of that for him.

Payroll service is efficient and it opens up a lot of time if you have someone else take care of it, but if you don't have many employees, like I said, it's not very cost effective.

CYNTHIA

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I thought I posted a reply yeterday but I guess it didnt go through. THere are several things that you need to take in consideration on the payroll service. You first have to take a look at your needs. Frequency of payroll, size of company, payroll amounts. All these things will affect you somehow in your decision. It may also be more to your advantage to look at other options such as using a PEO instead of using a payroll company. I work for a PEO and for a small business owner this can be a huge service. I recommend PEO's because through a co-employer parter relationship, the owner can focus on developing the business rather than spending hours administering their employees. Also from a cost stand point, you can see the benefits of more services made available to you rather than just a payroll service. I am not trying to sell you my service I just thing as a growing business it may be important to you to shift these administrative burdens to a PEO rather than try to juggle all of that yourself. You can always email me if you have questions but of your considering outsourcing your payroll, consider having a company that will help your business grow. I think a PEO can do that for you. Do some research on PEO's and decide for yourself. Talk to a business owner that is currently using one and I think he or she would agree.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Offices in Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, New Jersey, Georgia, Tennessee, North Carolina and Florida.
    Hi jkidd, I saw your post and I think this might be able to answer some questions you may have. https://www.groupmgmt.com/blog/post/...edium=referral

Share on facebook

Last edited by Group-Management-Services; 03-01-2019 at 12:20 PM.

7. Collapse Details
    A payroll service is an outside company that specializes in every aspect of the payroll process. ... The Internet has made payroll services even more convenient. In the past, an employer had to call the payroll service with information about wages and hours for the upcoming paychecks.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    A finance administration is an outside organization that works in each part of the finance procedure. ... The Internet has made finance administrations significantly progressively advantageous. Previously, a business needed to call the finance administration with data about wages and hours for the up and coming checks.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    A payroll service is an outside company that specializes in every aspect of the payroll process. ... The Internet has made payroll services even more convenient. In the past, an employer had to call the payroll service with information about wages and hours for the upcoming paychecks.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    How Much Does Payroll Service Cost? Typical costs: A basic payroll service averages $0.80-$2.00 per check, plus a base account fee which varies depending on the frequency of payroll periods, while options such as tax filing and direct deposit can add $4-$9 per payroll period, according to Entrepreneur.com

Share on facebook