Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    My experiences of marketing
    Hello - I have been having a look through the posts in this forum for a couple of hours now and was struck by the number of small business owners wanting to promote their business for little or no money.

I just wanted to share my own experiences of marketing because like many of the owners who've posted a question, when I first started out, I spent loads on marketing my business, for little or no response and was left feeling completely demoralised.

So, I came to the conclusion that if I really understood my customers - identified who they were and where they would be likely to go and promoted in those places, then I would be more likely to be successful.

By taking time out to narrow down my customer base, I came up with about 70 different methods of marketing (all tailored to my business) that were all low cost or free to do. I try about 10 a month now and test whether or not they work - and I've had some great results, all without spending a penny.

I've since written a short e-book on how to do this called "What successful small businesses do that the unsuccessful ones don't". I'm happy to send this across to anyone who wants it. Please email me (see my profile for details) if you would like a copy.

Helen Dowling
    Exceptional Thinking

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Re: My experiences of marketing
    Hi Helen,

Sounds great

I just sent an email request to you for it, looking forward to your reply.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    TO promote your business with simple and easy way used promotional products and customized items to promote your business. It is the best way to promote your business.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Very good to see someone really getting to understand their customers. I think it is something a lot of business owners forget. They tend to act like they are everything and the customers should adapt to their vision and way of thinking but that's not how it works. Customers are everything for your business and you should act that way. The customer is always right.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Fiding good, loyal customers is the best way to go. Just wondering, is the ebook free? It sounds interesting.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    This is great news and very interesting. But I have to ask is the book for free or do you charge?

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    This sounds like a very useful e-book to read. The more you can narrow things down the less money you have to spend in advertising, that way you can have room for more profits. I'm going to send you an email because I want a copy. Once I'm done reading it I'll post a review of what I though about your e-book, thanks!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I would like to thank you for taking the time to make this post and share your valuable experiences with us. It is good that you followed the most important of business, i.e., Customer is reason due to which businesses exist. And you tried to understand his behavior in order to make your business more successful. Sometimes while conducting a marketing exercise, businesses tend to forget about their customers which makes them unsuccessful.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    You are exactly right you must tailor what you are doing to your target customer base. This is a very simple solution to most problems that is easily overlooked.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    that's really great the best to promote your business is to promotional production and to customized products and by social marketing to promote your business

Share on facebook