Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Writing Off My Car for Tax?
    I reside in NC but work in CA. I currently use buses and cabs for transportation. I could bring my car here but the expense would be greater. I am wondering though if I am missing out on a great tax deduction though by not writing off my auto and expenses. Anyone have advice?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    It depends and yes, certain things you can write off. First things first, when you drive you car, ok, let's say from where you start your car (I'm assume from your home) and drive to the company, it's NOT tax deductible because you have started using your car for the business purpose. Second, same thing, when you drive you car from work back to your home, it's also NOT tax deductible. The one thing that's tax deductible is that when you actually have to drive your car for the business, for instance, when you drive around to deliver things, then you have to count the total mileage from work to the destination in which you deliver the stuff to. I don't think gas will be tax deductible because you either claim the gas or mileage and not both. I would go to the IRS for this information because it always changes and also it's better to see the rate for the mileage because you can get the tax deductible for how much per mileage.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I believe that you can write off the gas and expenses for the car, but not the car itself. I would definitely go to IRS.gov for more information about what exactly can be written off, and what can't. Either that, or talk to a tax professional in your area, considering the multi-state issue.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I recommend using the writing off business miles method. It is easy to do amd si,ple.

Share on facebook

Chris
    Please visit my website for all your Income Tax Santa Paula needs.

5. Collapse Details
    n the UK, a tax write off is more commonly known as a tax deduction. HMRC lets you deduct, or write off, an expense from your taxes if you use at least a 'definite proportion' of it 'wholly and exclusively' for business purposes. Here's a look at how business vehicle tax write offs work in the UK

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Obviously, you can get your travell expense as a tax write off. For more information visit Keeper.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    thanks for sharing with us

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    when you drive you car, ok, let's say from where you start your car (I'm assume from your home) and drive to the company, it's NOT tax deductible because you have started using your car for the business purpose.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Obviously, the sum you can deduct is diminished for individual utilization of the vehicle. For instance, in the event that you purchased a traveler vehicle for $50,000 and utilized it 90 percent for business in 2017, you can deduct $10,044 ($11,160 x 90 percent) on your 2017 assessment form. Vehicle enrollment and deals duty charges attached to buys made in 2017.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details