Thread: Adbrite?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Adbrite?
    Anyone using adbrite as an advertiser or seller?

The advertiser rates for some sites look astronomical to me. Example $3.50 per click for a small business site with less than 50 users per day. Or $50 per week. Most of the sites are little more than bad directories or other advertising sites.

As a ad space seller I am finding most of the ads are not small business ads even though that is what I specified. Instead I am getting 1 biz ad, and 4 pop culture ads.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Adbrite?
    You will see the ads on the right are from Adbrite.

We are largely experimenting, so it is probably too early for us to comment. Advertisers can pay weekly, monthly or as part of the 'network' (by clicks). We currently have one weekly subscriber and the rest are PPC. I would expect the other slots to be taken by subscribers, rather than PPC, in due course.

Whether this will be our long term solution remains to be seen, but unlike Adsense, at least we known what is going on in terms of finance.

I will report back when we have more experience.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I look forward to hearing more about Adbrite. I have been sussing it out as a viable Adsense alternative but am too comfortable to make the move. I am thinking of starting up a new site and comparing the two.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I used adbrite a few years ago as an alternative when my adsense account got suspended. In the end I lasted about 3 months with them before switching most of my sites to affiliate links as I felt it would be more beneficial to most of my sites as they didn't really have ads which targeted my audience.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    AdBrite has been out of business since last year. There is no option to use them anymore. They were an interesting concept when they first launched, but they never really built out their core functionality to accommodate advertisers and publishers. It was essentially a very stripped down version of AdSense that sold ad units for flat rates and in time blocks. This resulted in a lot of wasted impressions on the same users, since you essentially bought permanent spots on certain sites/pages. Whereas Google has very much built out their former "Content Network" into what it is now, their "Display Network" and given advertisers much more control over the quality of the traffic they are receiving from it (even though that traffic still doesn't convert well, it's better than it was). The other down side to AdBrite, was if you bought a poorly converting slot, you were stuck with it. So shady publishers could show up on there and send bogus traffic and get your money without much recourse. Their quality control was very much lacking.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I have never heard about adbrite. Whenever I want to get some more visitors, I use Google AdWords. The service is impeccable and the visitors are always targeted right.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    You don't need to hear about Adbrite any more. They shut themselves down over a year ago with only a 3-day notice. I was using their publisher side of the platform at the time, and I was just starting to get used to their interfaces etc. Then there came the 3-day shut down notice, but in just 2 days their we could no longer log into our accounts. And a few days later, their web site was gone too with no way to contact them whatsoever. The good thing was, they only owe me a few dollars at the time. I wonder how many bigger publishers and advertisers they have burnt on their existing. It was a bad business practice on their side. I remember when Yahoo Publishers was shut down for the first time, they paid everyone who still had money in their accounts.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    This topic should be locked by now as it was originally posted way back in 2006. Also the subject company is not relevant anymore considering that it is already closed.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I've never ever learned about adbrite. Each time I would like to get some good a lot more website visitors, I use Yahoo AdWords. This program is usually impeccable plus the website visitors tend to be constantly specific proper.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I honestly was under the impression they shut down a while ago. And I wasn't surprised to be honest, considering they were competing against Adsense. It's a hard business to get into right now. Tons of competition fro several smaller independent ad agencies. Google's got the non-intrusive text ads covered. Clickthrough rates are up, cost per click is down, and that means a new business can't survive on a handful of clicks alone. They need to build engagement, and they're going up against guys who've studied what shade of blue makes text most appealing to users.

Competition won't come out of nowhere. And it's not really Google's fault that the industry went the way it did when it was overrun with ad agencies. I just don't think anyone is capable of competing in every arena. Sure, Facebook can sell ads to their audience and maybe on some other sites, but they won't get the same engagement, or rates, etc.

Share on facebook