Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    What Makes A Business Logo Recognizable?
    Is it the logo itself? the quality of the art work? the colors or font? Why in the world do we all know the McDonalds logo? or Nike? or Coke?

Could it possibly be the billions of dollars spent on putting that logo in front of the public eye?

What do you think ?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Two things----design and the repetition of seeing it over and over again.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    The main factor as to why Coke and McDonalds are so recognizable is the repetition. No matter how good a logo is, it's not recognizable to a lot of people if they've never seen it. That doesn't mean any logo can be effective if it's repeated enough, though.

To me, the McDonalds arches have always made me think of French Fries. I know I'm not alone. I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it sure adds to the effectiveness. Furthermore, red is a stimulating color, while yellow is a "happy" color that is reputed to stimulate the appetite.

The sweeping white line of Coca-Cola always makes me think of a flowing river that's cool and refreshing. Again, red is a stimulating color, and white often represents trustworthiness.

The Nike Swoosh just represents pure speed to me. Nike doesn't stick to one color, but the swoosh itself just represents speed. You have to slow down too much to take in anything that was more complex.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Plug your logo on everything and everywhere! It will get known.

if you target it properly, you can generate good business with REAL leads!

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Since what gets a logo recognized is repetition, I will repeat -

Repetition.

Also, personal interest.

For a number of years I sold to national truck fleets. As a result, I can drive sown an Interstate and identify trucks from some distance, because they are some interest to me.

You, on the other hand, may travel just as many miles a year on the Interstates as I do and pay absolutely no attention at all to the various fleet logos that you pass on a daily basis.

In a day's time, we may both be subjected to the identical number of viewings, but I will have been aware of them, while you may have no idea at all that you passed several trucks belonging to a particular fleet.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I think something that is not overly complicated that gives you some sense of the product.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Everything said above is true for most of marketing. I would just like to add that you need to keep a few things in mind when you create your company's logo. Your logo is the main element is the main element used to establish brand identity. It is very important that you spend a lot of time on it. Onto the design:

1. Keep it simple. A simple logo is easier to recognize and to reproduce.
    2. Go easy on the colors. One, two or three color logos are most successful.
    3. Design your logo to convey a benefit of your business. Fast service? Good customer support/relations?
    4. If appropriate, design your logo to illustrate your business. E.g. a motorcycle suspension shop could design a logo with a leaning bike.

Note: If your business name is your logo, choose an appropriate font. A jeweler would use an italic font in a gold color.

As stated before, to establish your brand, post your logo everywhere: on brochures, business cards, emails, signatures, banners, coupons, post cards,...

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Repetition is important of course, but I think the color scheme of a logo is also very important. Glancing at passing vehicles or billboards, one may not get to read the fine print, but I tend to remember the colors of a logo or business name. The way it is laid out and color patterns tend to stick in our brains. Something that is unique and not overly busy is key to memory.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    What creates a unique loge?

Brand Essence

A good logo needs to create a emotional and meaningful statement to their brand.

mcdonalds -you deserve a break

coca cola- i want the world to sing

These messages are consistent through all their materials

They are catchy........you more you see the more you remember. And keep in mind that only half of the marketing works...just no one knows what half that is how big companies like these work they can put alot of money into something and slap their name EVERYWHERE and it sticks marketing by repetition.

Sincerely,

Matthew Quasebarth
    Quasebarth Advantage
    Small Business Consulting

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    NoFrills,

The McDonalds and Nike logos are immesnely recognizable owing to their iconic visual representations of what the company is and a tremendous amount of media dollars.

They stick in public memory because of they very fact that they hint at an attitude rather than a physical brick and mortar presence.

While designing a logo, the most important aspect for me is how it describes the company in the next 20 years and how the colors and style fit in with what the company does. There is a whole psychological realm associated with it....for example, you would use Red for a sales event i.e to denote cheap prices but at the same time you would use Maroon to denote the abundance of money. Its an extremely fine line to walk, and a fascinating one too.

My favorite logo of all time is the FedEx logo. If you look closely at it, you'll see a forward arrow made by the negative space of the E and the x. Once it pops at you, you will never see the logo the same way again!

Regards,

Share on facebook