1. Collapse Details
    Importing is fine! Exporting is the problem...
    Hi,

I run a firm that has its own production and imports from more than 4 countries (around 8 companies). Logistics, L/C, pricing, transport, organizing, ordering etc are the easy parts of my job.

I want to export, I am sure that my products will be successful in the new market but i don't know how to begin. Any suggestions?

thanx
    sunrose

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Importing is fine! Exporting is the problem...
    Here's my 2 cents: first, you have to determine where its going (check the tariffs/quota on that country for that product). You also need to know who's gonna handle the custom/shipping/etc. You also need to know who's/what company will receive/distribute/market/etc your products. When you have the info, you're ready for the next step.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I agree with the post above. First you need to make a market research to understand which would be your product prices in that country, you need to introduce your products to a new market and you need to know their "rules". Right after, consider the exportation costs. Custom can be managed by the forwarder if you give them all the required documents and info on custom codes. Then, you need to find resellers who would sell for you those products, otherwise how'd you manage the logistics and stuff?

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    import and export
    Practically,i tend to disagree with the statement since importing and exporting can be as equally hard as it can be easy.This is because it depends with the countries' tariff when either importing or exporting.Some countries like Kenya exporting of some commodities like coffee is absolutely duty free unlike importing the same coffee after processing.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I believe the best thing you can is actually partner up with a local. It helps you in many ways - they know how the systems works, taxes, tariffs and all the legal paperwork that needs to be done. It would be best if you partnered up with a bigger supplier and let your merchandise go through them! They probably have an established network of stores and/or sales people! Also it all depends on the country you are exporting to, depending on the product you have to see if the people will accept your product well and what the demand will be!

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Yes i agree with jeff. Those are the key points that you need to incorporate first. I would stress on the customs bit because if they are VERY strict, you might even go at a loss so you will need to research a lot about that.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Okey OP I'll save your post if needed I will knock you. lol

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    this is also a big problem for business man,import means you spend money it is easy.export means you take money from people pocket it is hard

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Hi SunRose,

If you need more information you can check with Thedollarbusiness, you will find lots of information there.

Thanks & Regards
    Srinivas

Share on facebook