1. Collapse Details
    Merchant account for small business?
    Hi all,
    I was planning to start a small designer cake shop in Florida and everything has been set up and ready to open. One of my friend who runs a similar business suggested to get a merchant account as that will benefit my business. He has taken one with the help of a merchant account provider called MerchAct, but I was wondering is that necessary for a small business like mine. Does anyone have an input?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    i think pay pal is best option nothing special you need for that

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Yes, if you wish to accept credit and debit cards. I work with a company that will give you a free credit/debit card machine that use the chip which is now required to help keep down theft. You can give me a call 904-484-4213, and I will get you the information to make an inform decision, if this is right for you.

Share on facebook

Gregory V Blaylock
    Regional Account Manager
    ePay Management
    904-484-4213

4. Collapse Details
    Here are few suggestions for selecting the best payment gateway for your business.

1. Multi payment options
    2. Multiple currency acceptance
    3. Additional security features
    4. IOs and Android compatible
    5. Must be compatible with all major shopping carts
    6. Multiple currency processing

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Selecting a payment gateway is always a tough part especially with so many options nowadays and so many security features to be taken care of. Payment solution and A/R setup has become very much important in today's business environment. I had to go through all the options and even wasn't sure about the selected option, but fortunately I had help to figure out which suits me best. Prashanth has given a pretty good idea about how to figure it out, but I will definitely suggest you to check with a person who has an experience of a similar business and check with them the payment solutions they are using, and if you are lucky you might get more than what you expects. Or, the best way is get an assistance of a service provider like Versapay (Toronto).

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Hi Peter, the payment options do vary from business to business and also seeing customers comfort as far as security is concerned. I totally agree with what Benji has suggested you. These days a lot of options are available but the best and evergreen is paypal.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Can anyone beat 1.29% on Qual/Non-Qual transactions on VI/MC/DISC, 2.89% on Amex, and 0.29% + $.15/item on PIN debit. $5 monthly statement fee? Good rates, but getting hit with these "minimum monthly fees" from Visa/MC for about $20/month.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Yes. I agree with tahir.

Share on facebook

Jessica Lombardi

9. Collapse Details
    Yes, if you wish to accept credit and debit cards.

Share on facebook