Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Starting online business
    I am trying to start an online retail business, but not sure about what licenses etc. I will need. I believe I need to sign up to HMRC for taxes, but I have also seen mentioned a DBA to register the name, a business license, and a reseller license, I am not sure if these are for the US only, or if I need something like this or not. I live in Brighton&Hove.

A list of all license, tax etc. that I will need would be helpful, thanks!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I am not sure if you have to have the reseller license because it's an online business, which I think all you need to do is to file the tax as an independent employer. One thing, I would check the state of department for business and ask questions about what are the things you have to do in order to start the online business. Will you have a physical retail in the future or just the online business. Plus, where are you going to get the products from, which I think you have to talk to several manufacturing companies but it depends on what products will you be selling.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Kind of depends on the kind of online business you're starting. Some niches do require relevant trade licensing.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I had no idea there was so much that went into the up keep of a small business. I would imagine that it has to be a constant flow of activity. Anything from advertising to financing it really is like having a baby it takes your total attention.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    A license to operate, business license, income tax returns etc. This can all be found in your locality. There is an agency which is supposed to help you with all of these, at least that is for our country.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Everybody can start online business and earn more money. Like in your site add Google adds that make you earn more money. some online software help your improve your online business.these softwaresonline.net tools help for optimize your business easily and safe all your documents.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    In resell permit,to be able to buy items in order to resell and never spend in sales tax, your company will require the resell permit or even certification. Not every says need a product sales permit every condition possesses its own title with this kind of permit.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Actually this is what confuses me.

An online business is quite different from a regular off-line business. You may not make any money from the business and even if you do, in the first year, it won't be enough to cover your overhead costs: domain registration, hosting, advertising, etc. Shouldn't the license wait until you're making enough?

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I think it depends on where you live. Depending on how big your business is, you probably don't have to have a business license right now, but you could benefit by registering as an LLC because then your personal assets can't be involved if a lawsuit or something happens with your business. Overall, in most places, it should be perfectly legal for you to operate without a license as long as you file your taxes.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    To start any business weather it is online or offline license is very essential to do the business legally. Before starting a business first be familiar with all the rules and regulations of the business or what are the legal documents needed for starting a business.

Share on facebook