Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    100K to play with, any suggestions on starting a business?
    Ladies and gents, I'm 23 years old and recently inherited about 100k I'm a sales rep. at a RV manufacturer and am looking to get out of this business. I'm willing to take risks and I have the oppurtunity to take some cash and turn it over a couple times or atleast that's the plan . I'm also willing to look at investment oppurtunities, so any helpfull advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I understand that a 100k isn't much however I'm only 23 and I know that with the right oppurtunity I can turn this into alot more. Once again I appreciate any advice you can offer.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Re: 100K to play with, any suggestions on starting a busines
    What about Offshore Betting Company?I help a couple of people with this business and u only need like 50 k maybe less to start..

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Check out franchise.org. There's plenty of startups under 100K. From my own experience, I'd advise that you stay away from any under 5k. With the exception of coffeetalkusa.com, a fun newsletter that sells advertising, I'd say stay away from anything under 10k.

Good luck, congrats, and let us know how things go!

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I think you should identfy your passion. What would you want to for free everyday if you did not have to work. If a business in that area or related to it. Then look for compaines that may offer franchise. That combination of a proven business model and your passion will be hard to beat.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Find something that interests you and go for it. Don't spend the entire 100k though, I'd put t least 30k in a money market or just straight up savings account and leave it alone.

Share on facebook

I make decent money on Cash Crate and pay for a number of things using gift cards I get on InstaGC. Feel free to check out my work online blog.

6. Collapse Details
    Find something that interests you and go for it. Don't spend the entire 100k though, I'd put t least 30k in a money market or just straight up savings account and leave it alone.
    That's important! Focus on scaling! Start small and put more into what works! Put some money into high quality content and test the waters with different forms of marketing. But most importantly, make sure you are passionate about whatever you invest in! Best of luck!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Wow, that is great start! Have you heard about Kickstarter.com ? It could help you find some projects that you might want to invest in, especially if you don't have a current business that you would like to pursue. A lot of really great companies start them to help build capital and create/grow their business.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    You're lucky to have 100K for your startup money! I say invest some of it in stocks. And the rest you could start a business that you're passionate about. Good luck!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    The biggest question here is what do you love to do. It sounds like money really isn't a worry for you. You are a very lucky person. So put your money into something you love. If you love to create things put it into an Art business. That could be photography/art gallery/music. If you love games open up a game store. The main thing I think is to not worry so much about being insanely lucrative right away. Find something you love and find a way to turn it into a profit.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I think you should consider the stock market. Everything is low right now which means by the time you are as old as I am you can retire and do anything you want and I am only 41! Check out this link I listened to yesterday and read through it. I completely believe this guy and very well may take $20 to sign up and learn what I can. I have never played the stock market, but my father and brother in law have done very well with it! Good Luck and good job looking to invest in your $$, at 23 I would be through it in a New York second!

Share on facebook