1. Collapse Details
    Creating a designer houseware brand business
    Hi everybody ,

I'm a new aspiring entrepreneur with little experience. I have been putting a lot of thought and have done much research on my dream business.

I'm trying to start a mid-high designer housware (tableware, cutlery, etc) business that focuses on packaging, design, and quality. The more I get into the details the more I'm finding lots of challenges of the luxury business that requires good harmony between the volume and the retail channel target.

Retailers seem to pick up very small quantities that won't meet my minimum order quantity from my suppliers. This really puts a strangle hold on my business if i can't find the right balance between channels and the right volume. Because I'm trying to target a niche market I can't randomly make up price policies and find random channels just to keep afloat (as tempting as it is).

Does anyone have ideas as to how I can improve my distribution without compromising on the retail channels? Designer channels are niche and limited and I can't seem to find any trade shows for housewares that deal with designer products where the right retailers will be attending.

Any advice or successful case studies for the regular joe will be helpful. Many thanks

AL

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Creating a designer houseware brand business
    Hey Al

If possible you can offer two product lines:
    1. Retail targeted
    2. Nich targeted

Make sure that the retail orders will not exceed the time and resources that you planned for them. Use the retail channel to build your reputation while all the time you mention that you have another product line which is the high quality disigns.

Note: very important that you allocate time for promoting your high designed products.

Good luck
    Assaf

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Greetings, it’s very cool that the business is related to the sale of dishes, I own a dishware shop, I know that it is very difficult, so you need to prepare for a lot of different details, for example, how to register your business, it’s not so easy, but this website helped me , this problem was solved very quickly, so if you have a similar problem, then I can confidently recommend this site.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Greetings, itís very cool that the business is related to the sale of dishes, I own a dishware shop, I know that it is very difficult, so you need to prepare for a lot of different details, for example, how to register your business, itís not so easy, but this website helped me , this problem was solved very quickly, so if you have a similar problem, then I can confidently recommend this site.

Share on facebook