Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Small town advertising
    I am currently looking at ways to advertise my business in a small town. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas about marketing in small communities?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Small town advertising
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu
    I am currently looking at ways to advertise my business in a small town. I was wondering if anyone had any good ideas about marketing in small communities?
    I'm full of good ideas. But before I give them I'm going to need some more details.

What kind of business
    how small a small town?

and who exactly would your future customer be?

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Its for a small Credit Union in a town of about 5000 people. The big banks have moved out to a bigger town about 20 minutes away. I want to get the people who were members of the big banks to transfer to us now. Also I want to get young students to sign up with us too.

Thanks

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    ok i'm getting a better picture now.

I have some more ?'s and if you'd like you can e-mail me your anwers if you don't want to post them here

1) What town are you in? State?

2) how much funding do you have for this initiative

3) What is it that your credit union offers to these folks that the other bank doesn't besides the obvious geographic advantage? Do you have more favorable interest rates?

out of 5000 people in this town what percentage are currently doing business with your CU, what percentage would be be breaking even for the dollars you invest, and what would be a reasonable benchmark in the next month, qtr, 6month and year

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Here are a couple of suggestions. You might want to place an ad in the local church bulletins. Make up flyers and see if you can leave them at some local businesses.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Don't discount the effectiveness of a prominently displayed and well worded Banner Hanging on your building (assuming you have road frontage of course)

Something like

"XYZ (national) Bank Customers! PDQ Credit union offers A. B. and C... without the drive to "other town"

Again, more specifics would be lovely

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I love it when small credit unions step into towns where banks have deserted them. You are not in Australia are you? I suggest you start with the local free papers if they are around. Here are some ideas if you are cash strapped.

1. Feed them stories or news articles about people who now have to travel for hours just to bank their cheques.
    2. Run a grassroots campaign, demanding that greedy banks support rural towns. Find someone with a voice who tells the local papers that he's taking his money elsewhere... to the local credit union, who is standing by the towns-folk.
    3. Use referal campaigns. Ask customers to send postcards to friends, reminding them that the money "stays in the town" when they bank locally.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Use the internet!! Even though it's a small town, i'm sure most of the people are on the internet!!
    Also, pass out flyers, do you have a community channel? If so i'm sure it's not that expensive to put a notice on that!!
    Whether it's a big community or a small community, you will be using the same sort of advertising!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I definitely think that flyers and business cards are a good idea. You can pass them out to people that you know, or you can get permission from store owners to put them under windshield wipers or to post them somewhere inside the store.

The Internet is also useful. Social media works wonders. Try joining Facebook groups for your town for advertising purposes.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    When it comes to small communities, the people want to be associated with something they feel a part of. Make them feel like it's part of their home especially with the words you use in your billboard or flyers, this creates a sense of loyalty and the returns are usually great. When a community feels like a company or business is there just for them, why would they need to search the internet for a competitor?

Share on facebook