Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Marketing vs. Advertising! Need some help with both!
    Hello, Jennifer from Maryland here. A few months ago, I started my own business in which I sell items for people on eBay and receive a small percentage of the sale price for doing so.
    I have built my customer base from 1 to 10 customers thus far. I place ads on craigs list in my home city as well as some surrounding cities.
    I created post cards to send to some local businesses who may have tools/equipment and or items they were looking to sell.
    So far, craig's list has produced 2 customers and a few inquiries. Nothing came from the postcard mailing as of yet. I am optimistic, but I think the time line has extended far enough.
    I have offered current customers incentives for referrals. Too date, nothing has transpired there.
    I am looking for creative ways to draw new customers in. I am always hearing from people that they wish they had the time to eBay. I would like to be their solution and any advice any of you could give me to market myself and my business would be greatly appreciated.

~JMCOMPA

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Re: Marketing vs. Advertising! Need some help with both!
    Anyone with marketing ideas and strategies, please help me out here. Thanks so much!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Who do you consider as your targeted market?
    When you'll have the answer for this question, it will be easier for you to find ways to reach this market

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Honestly, my target markey is all inclusive. I have helped a local automotive shop and have sold tools and equipment for them, I have sold for Harry Home Owner and have sold persian rugs, and for stay at hime moms selling children's clothes.
    I am open to residential and commercial customers.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I would recommend few practical actions that will help you to develop your business.

1. Prepare a list of potential products that you consider as relevant.

2. Prepare a portfolio of product that you sold successfully.

3. Search (internet, yellow pages...) for companies/stores that sell the products you prepared in step #1

4. Contact these companies/stores while you show them your success with the prepared portfolio and how they can benefit from your services.

It won't be easy, but you are sound like a serious person and eventually you will see your business growing.

In addition I would recommend you to read the Networking article and the Business Development article

Good luck

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Thank you very much. Your ideas are great and appreciated.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I have looked for the articles you recommended, but cannot locate them. If you could please let me know where I can find them, I would appreciate it.
    Thank you.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    You can find them under the Main Menu (left side) of my website

I hope it will help

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    It depends on the products you are selling. You can diversify and post more ads on other classified sites other than Craiglist. Also choose products that people love to buy commonly known as evergreen products.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    craigslist, backpage, etc are all great, but only a small portion of the audience on there aren't trolls...

create a solid landing page with SEO driven language and a heavy call to action that will drive consumers to your ebay site for quick buys...

Share on facebook

Jake Miller
    Founder, CEO
    Miller Marketing Group
    www.millermarketingroup.com