Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcompa View Post
    Hello, Jennifer from Maryland here. A few months ago, I started my own business in which I sell items for people on eBay and receive a small percentage of the sale price for doing so.
    I have built my customer base from 1 to 10 customers thus far. I place ads on craigs list in my home city as well as some surrounding cities.
    I created post cards to send to some local businesses who may have tools/equipment and or items they were looking to sell.
    So far, craig's list has produced 2 customers and a few inquiries. Nothing came from the postcard mailing as of yet. I am optimistic, but I think the time line has extended far enough.
    I have offered current customers incentives for referrals. Too date, nothing has transpired there.
    I am looking for creative ways to draw new customers in. I am always hearing from people that they wish they had the time to eBay. I would like to be their solution and any advice any of you could give me to market myself and my business would be greatly appreciated.

~JMCOMPA
    Great post... really i loved reading the post . I was looking forward to start this work even on multi level marketing .I have to work hard to increase the traffic flow and increase my customer base .I was looking forward to work For AMWAY they have a kind of multi level marketing and i was looking forward to join . Please tell me about how to join it and the fees required.
    I was going through the website www.talljeff.com it was really nice to read this.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I would definitely try Pinterest. You can actually register on Pinterest as a business. As soon as I pin something on my board, I always have a few pins right away. The challenge is finding a balance between using personal boards and business boards. Facebook is another great option. Social Media in general is important for any business. Social Media Marketing is booming, and it is not showing any slow down.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Marketing refers to preparing a product for the marketplace. Advertising is making your product and service known to an audience or marketplace. Advertising is a specific step of marketing. Advertising uses the data and research collected by marketing strategies to best communicate the brand.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Content Marketing
    Inbound Marketing
    Social Media Marketing
    Search Engine Optimization
    Search Engine Marketing/PPC
    Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and Retargeting
    Earned Media and PR
    Referral Programs
    Industry Events
    Conversational Marketing

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Is marketing or advertising better?
    Advertising is making your product and service known to an audience or marketplace. ... In a way, marketing is both research and practice, while advertising is straight practice. Marketing involves consumer behavior and marketing research, while advertising involves creative endeavors like design and multimedia production.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Marketing refers to preparing a product for the marketplace. Advertising is making your product and service known to an audience or marketplace. Advertising is a specific step of marketing. Advertising uses the data and research collected by marketing strategies to best communicate the brand.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I have looked for the articles you recommended, but cannot locate them. If you could please let me know where I can find them, I would appreciate it.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Anyone with marketing ideas and strategies, please help me out here. Thanks so much!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Marketing refers to preparing a product for the marketplace. Advertising is making your product and service known to an audience or marketplace. Advertising is a specific step of marketing. ... In a way, marketing is both research and practice, while advertising is straight practice.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    In basic terms, marketing is the process of identifying customer needs and determining how best to meet those needs. In contrast, advertising is the exercise of promoting a company and its products or services through paid channels. In other words, advertising is a component of marketing.

Share on facebook