1. Collapse Details
    Selling/moving an LLC
    Hi,

I own a health care business in Maryland and its officially an LLC. I have 3 employees who work for me. I'm planning on moving to Pennsylvania and am confused as to my options for the business. I plan on starting the same business in PA when I move. As for the MD location, I'm not sure what to do. I don't plan on being a major factor in the MD division, so I am considering selling it to my current employee. I do, however, want to retain a percentage of the profits since I established and grew it to this point. Here are my specific questions:

1) Would it be better to sell the company and retain 30-50% of the profits or to elevate the employee to a manager position and run both the "north" and "south" locations.
    2) Can I run both divisions in two different states but treat them as the same company? for tax purposes? for legal purposes?
    3) How do I value the company, if I decide to sell, and how often should I be paid once its no longer my company?

This is all very confusing so I may have more questions. Thanks!

Andrew

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    first of all congrats that you are starting your own business and moving to Pennsylvania.its always good to expand your business and for that you have take a new start or to do a new things.Its better that you keep you both business because you will always have backup then and if you employees are trust worthy then keep that business continue
    and if you required a moving or towing then check out our roadside assistance service

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Since LLCs are more like partnerships, you cannot force partnerships between people without their agreement. You can only transfer an LLC's ownership interests if all the other LLC owners agree, and even then, only if the state law allows for it.

Share on facebook