Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I totally agree with the OP on this. Thanks for posting it, by the way.

A lot of people want to work for themselves and be their own boss. The problem is that a lot of those people don't realize the time, energy and sacrifices that go into it. I totally believe you have to be very self disciplined and exceed at time management skills in order to be successful as a business owner. Especially when it is a home business! You have to have that drive to get up and "do".

If you have several projects going on at one time, which is very common, you will overwhelm yourself and crumble quickly. Organization is vital. Prioritize and breakdown each project into milestones. Focus on what has to get done "now" versus "this afternoon" versus "by Wednesday". Track it on a Calendar (digital and a wall calendar). It really makes a world of difference.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I'm usually pretty good about staying productive when working from home. I don't set strict rules or deadlines for myself, but I'm always aware of what needs to be done. A coffee break here and there can be a good thing.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Its still a work in progress for me but I am slowly coming up with a workable system. I do try and do the tough stuff first, when I do it makes the rest of the day fly. As far as shipping I plan it for when the dog needs a workout, the park we go to is right near my shipper. I know having stuff picked up to ship is easier in a way but both of us benefit when we go out together. It clears my head and the dog is happier for it.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Time management is extremely important to a home business worker. It is far too easy to distracted while left to your own devices, especially while using the internet. Just remember that as an entrepreneur, you are doing it for yourself/ your family and nobody else. You are the boss, and it is up to you to keep yourself in line. Master time management and put your nose to the grindstone. You will reap great rewards from your efforts.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I think effective time management also involves clustering similar tasks together. Do all your reports at once; do all of your proposals at once, all of your prospecting calls at once. Whatever they are, do them all together rather than one here and one there, and one at another time during the day.

What happens is that when you do a whole series of similar tasks together you get onto what is called the learning curve. Whereas the first task may take ten minutes, the next one will take nine, the next one eight, and the next one only seven minutes. Pretty soon, you’ll be burning through the tasks at two to three minutes at a time. You’ll save 50 – 80% of the time on each subsequent task. You’ll get more done that you can possibly imagine. So do similar tasks together.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Very good advice! I love to go with the flow and I am super excited that working at home online and balancing family, friends and LIFE in this new time.. I think that if we have people like you to help encourage and keep us on track that we are all going to go very far in life and work! Thanks a bunch!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I am a freelance writer and a mum of four so time management is really important to me. Being a writer is about much more than writing. There is submitting pitches, completing applications, promoting work and doing the accounts. I have to allocate a certain amount of time to each of these tasks on a daily basis.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Having a schedule is very important indeed.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I also work from home and I try my best not to get distracted. For me it just comes down to putting some time aside to just get the work done. Once its done its done and I can relax.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Yes. For those who can manage their time, it definitely is a must.

Share on facebook