Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I honestly don't see why this isn't more widely accepted. The fact is that more and more people are using credit cards and debit cards all the time. So it only makes sense that the vending machine takes them. I guess the only explanation would be that they want to cut down on the costs of the vending machines. The problem with that is that they are missing out on the opportunity to make money from people that use credit and debit cards. Which is a bit silly.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Security could be the problem as well. People will think of all sorts of methods to fraud someones credit card and steal their money.

But providing gift cards for vending machines would be a nice idea in my opinion. Or buying a code and then just inputting it in to the machine. That would probably suit only me personally, because I hate carrying pennies, haha. But something could be thought of to base of this concept. Nice idea, OP!

Share on facebook

There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.

- Collin Powell

3. Collapse Details
    I really think the best idea is the cellphone application one. Unfortunately for something like this you would have to go to the vendor machine producers. But its a very good idea and would probably boost sales (using your cellphone credit to buy soda...).

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Never thought that vending machine can be a very good source of income. I'm planning to start a small business and vending machine could be one bright idea. What do you think guys?

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I think they're a good idea. Most of my friends don't carry cash and definitely not 1's and coins like a lot of machines require. I don't typically carry cash either. Vending machines are quick and easy...the only problem is that I wouldn't want to trust a vending machine with my card because I wouldn't know who was getting that information.

Also, I agree with everyone on the smartphone thing. Nowadays almost everyone is moving over to a smartphone and I think there is a lot of potential there.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    It is very much possible to incorporate credit cards for a vending machines. They have also recently started this option in my metro. But one thing i'm a bit concerned is that will people actually use their credit cards to only buy a few dollars worth of goods? Personally, I wouldn't bother swiping it because of the extra charges that I might face.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by heymister View Post
    I've never seen a vending machine that accepts credit cards, which surprises me considering the much greater convenience this would provide. Are these around yet, and if not, do you think this idea has any promise?
    I have not seen any personally but I was watching a cooking channel on youtube that they where trying out the new vending machine burrito in Orange County I believe. I know who the hell bys mexican food from a vending machine and expect to live much longer right? One of the guys used hie credit card to pay and don't know why they haven't brought more of these in that do. With all the wifi and stuff, it's easy to implement.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Speaking of which I have not noticed any vending machines that enables a person to use their credit card but it actually is a very good initiative in order to increase profit margins. With all this technology there actually are many hackers which prevent customers from being secure in their purchase so people may not use their credit card to buy via a vending machine because of the fear of being a victim of fraud. So as much as it is a positive thing it has it downside as well.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Personally, from an investment and time stand point I'd focus more on ATMs.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I have a few clients that do this successfully. They make good $$$

Share on facebook